Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901 #21  
Though you don't mention it, I know who your dealer is in Middlefield, Ohio and I wasn't impressed with them when I visited there last summer and I suspect that 200 was with installation at their high shop rate as well, even though you can install it quite easily. Whole gods price is actually 39 and change, I checked yesterday. Not something I require as both my loaders came with as no option.

I'd say they either don't like you or don't like your window shopping, or both.
Who cares what you think of the OP,s dealer? My god man get a life.:devilish:

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901
FWIW, the dealer charged me $1200 labor & material to install a W&R Long 3rd function valve last February.
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is W&R?

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901 #23  
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is W&R?
W.R. Long

Sold through dealers or Everything Attachment... One of the better, complete kits (read into to that, a little expensive)

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901 #24  
Nice tractor, and you're getting it set up well. I haven't been shopping lately, butI think that you got a good deal, especially in today's marker. 👍

To those suggesting a third function, can you work both your grapple and loader tilt at the same time? I have a Land Pride diverter valve and am constantly dropping my load because I try to tilt and close at the same time. I only ask because if the OP decides to add one, he wants to get the right one.

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901
Nice tractor, and you're getting it set up well. I haven't been shopping lately, butI think that you got a good deal, especially in today's marker. 👍

To those suggesting a third function, can you work both your grapple and loader tilt at the same time? I have a Land Pride diverter valve and am constantly dropping my load because I try to tilt and close at the same time. I only ask because if the OP decides to add one, he wants to get the right
I would think that the added third function would control the grapple only. And the loader itself would work as usual. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901 #26  
Well, I opted for a "3rd function" for my FEL (front end loader). It's for my 4in1 bucket. In the 'tractor vernacular', a 3rd function relates to a FEL, whereas a "remote" relates to 3PH (3 point hitch) implement operation.

Our North American friends love their FEL mounted grapples and, truth be told, I'd love to get one too... however, I've not been able to find them here in Aus at a reasonable cost. Hence, going with a 4in1, which are not all that common/popular in the NA marketplace.

The 4in1 bucket has less loaded capacity than a regular FEL bucket, but you can 'grab' things with it and back-dragging is easier. IMO it's a good thing to have.

You're also going to run into the various "quick attach" systems for your implements. Here in Aus there'll be the Global (or Euro) and the Skid Steer Quick Attach (SSQA), both of which require a welded metal plate on the implement and a corresponding latching device on the FEL. This means added weight which reduces the lifting, which is something to consider. John Deere has their own FEL quick attach system, the JDQA, which consists of a 'post and pin'. Simple and light weight. ALL implement manufacturers will accommodate/configure to whatever QA system you have.

The 3PH Category system is pretty much standard around the world. Cat 1,2 & 3 have many implements. Cat 0 have a VERY limited number of implements... and BEWARE of the "Cat 1 (Limited)" advertised capability, which basically means that it will/sort-of take a Cat 1 implement but you'll be pulling out your hair and cursing a blue-streak getting it on & off.

There are 3PH Quick-Hitch systems too. (highly recommended)

Last edited:
   / Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901 #27  
After a ton of searches and questions (thanks again to all), I have finally pulled the trigger on a new-to-me Kubota L3901, 2015, 200 hrs, quick attach FEL and bucket. Here’s definitely one thing I’ve learned- if you’re in the market for a 30-40 hp tractor in central KY, and you find one, you better JUMP, because they’re disappearing fast around here. I thought i had 2 other ones purchased and they were gone b4 I could get there. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

anyways, to the good stuff. I am having the dealer add cruise control (it didnt have it) quick attach lift arms, fluid fill the rears, and add 3” wheel spacers. I also made sure that I watched the regen process just for my own satisfaction.
i added a 5’ tiller, 5’ bush hog, and 5’ box blade (all brand new)to the deal. Walked out just north of 24k.
I really want you guys to tell me i did ok, but i can take the criticism if i didn't. Lol
Also, if there’s something I’m missing… any recommendations? Let me know what you guys think. Im excited to get it….😀😀
Shoot l would of sold you my 2019 MF 1739. Sounds like you did fairly well with the addons in your purchase deal. Great time to get one. Used mine yesterday for moving cut trees. Enjoy it and check EVERY bolt.

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901 #28  
That is a great deal on the tractor in this day and age. I paid something close to that for my L3800 with pretty much the same attachments in 2013 (it was new, but 200 hours is pretty close to new). I sold it a few years ago and went to an mx5800 because I needed more power and loader capacity, but the 3901 will be a nice size for most chores (I still miss it a lot of times). Hopefully you got a reverse rotation tiller - they work nicely.

I had the dealer throw in cruise control - found that to be the one thing I never used (well, once to try it out). Since you mention cruise control, I assume it is HST? Plus one for the load leveler - wouldn't be without it (have it on the new one, too). If you are doing much of any lifting, pallet forks are a great add-on, too.

The one thing I have on the mx5800 that wasn't on the l3800 was extendable rear lift arms (you mention quick attach, so not sure what you are referring to there). Along with easy adjust width, hooking up implements (and I have quite a set), is infinitely easier. If you are switching often, maybe there are some lift arm upgrades for the back. I bought a quick attach at one point, but didn't like the physics of it out back and that extra extension, so it pretty much sits in the barn.

I don't care for the regen cycle on these newer ones - it always wants to do it at the worst possible time, it seems. But it runs a lot smoother with the newer injection

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901 #29  
Great buy. Glad you got most of the toys. Cab? Not shown in the pic. Anyone have a pic of Bucket Level Indicator? Just a long shaft like N. Holland?

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901 #30  
After a ton of searches and questions (thanks again to all), I have finally pulled the trigger on a new-to-me Kubota L3901, 2015, 200 hrs, quick attach FEL and bucket. Here’s definitely one thing I’ve learned- if you’re in the market for a 30-40 hp tractor in central KY, and you find one, you better JUMP, because they’re disappearing fast around here. I thought i had 2 other ones purchased and they were gone b4 I could get there. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

anyways, to the good stuff. I am having the dealer add cruise control (it didnt have it) quick attach lift arms, fluid fill the rears, and add 3” wheel spacers. I also made sure that I watched the regen process just for my own satisfaction.
i added a 5’ tiller, 5’ bush hog, and 5’ box blade (all brand new)to the deal. Walked out just north of 24k.
I really want you guys to tell me i did ok, but i can take the criticism if i didn't. Lol
Also, if there’s something I’m missing… any recommendations? Let me know what you guys think. Im excited to get it….😀😀
congrats!! don't forget to wear your seatbelt... :)

i think it is that way all around. people have stopped and asked if I would sell my B26 several times...