Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901 #41  
After a ton of searches and questions (thanks again to all), I have finally pulled the trigger on a new-to-me Kubota L3901, 2015, 200 hrs, quick attach FEL and bucket. Here’s definitely one thing I’ve learned- if you’re in the market for a 30-40 hp tractor in central KY, and you find one, you better JUMP, because they’re disappearing fast around here. I thought i had 2 other ones purchased and they were gone b4 I could get there. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

anyways, to the good stuff. I am having the dealer add cruise control (it didnt have it) quick attach lift arms, fluid fill the rears, and add 3” wheel spacers. I also made sure that I watched the regen process just for my own satisfaction.
i added a 5’ tiller, 5’ bush hog, and 5’ box blade (all brand new)to the deal. Walked out just north of 24k.
I really want you guys to tell me i did ok, but i can take the criticism if i didn't. Lol
Also, if there’s something I’m missing… any recommendations? Let me know what you guys think. Im excited to get it….😀😀
I have the 3901 TLB (2021) and it is a great tractor. My needs are a little different than yours so I have the Snow Blower, a Wallenstein 5" woodchipper and an HLA Grapple. I f you managed to get all that for 24 grand, I'll get you do do my next shopping for me!!

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901 #42  
I got my BX used about 18 months back and it came with a fiberglass canopy. I think it's great: (like this one) https://www.colemanequip.com/parts/...vls8Lix45AuNBAbDmrb8GxDRpFquvSHxoC0BUQAvD_BwE

A carry-all is another great addition. You can get the metal frame for about $180 (I got mine at auction for $90) and build one yourself to save some money and get customization over the expensive pre-built ones. It's great for firewood, misc pieces of iron, pavers, or whatever you want to throw in it. It's also great for rear ballast for the FEL or snowplow on the front. Just throw some bags of sand on the carry-all and instant rear ballast.

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901 #43  
Congratulations of the new tractor. I guess your TBN name now fits - Emptypocketsfarms. LOL With all the implements, that is a VERY good deal. I added the level bucket indicator to my tractor from Kubota parts kit. It is very helpful to me.

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901 #44  
After a ton of searches and questions (thanks again to all), I have finally pulled the trigger on a new-to-me Kubota L3901, 2015, 200 hrs, quick attach FEL and bucket. Here’s definitely one thing I’ve learned- if you’re in the market for a 30-40 hp tractor in central KY, and you find one, you better JUMP, because they’re disappearing fast around here. I thought i had 2 other ones purchased and they were gone b4 I could get there. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

anyways, to the good stuff. I am having the dealer add cruise control (it didnt have it) quick attach lift arms, fluid fill the rears, and add 3” wheel spacers. I also made sure that I watched the regen process just for my own satisfaction.
i added a 5’ tiller, 5’ bush hog, and 5’ box blade (all brand new)to the deal. Walked out just north of 24k.
I really want you guys to tell me i did ok, but i can take the criticism if i didn't. Lol
Also, if there’s something I’m missing… any recommendations? Let me know what you guys think. Im excited to get it….😀😀
Would have recommended getting one that doesn't require or automatically takes care of regeneration process. But if you don't have any problems with it then it's a "good to go" deal in this day and age. Got a New Holland WorkMaster 50 purchased new in 2016. It now will sell used for same or more than I paid for it. Yours will hold its value the same unless the regeneration process starts having problems as the tractor gets older. Enjoy the ride! Mine lowers my Blood Pressure by 10 plus points every time I use it.

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901 #45  

Congrats, dude. That's a great unit at a real good price.

I bought an L3940 in 2018. Never regretted it, and never looked back. Without it, me and the Mrs. could never have kept this place going. Best of luck - and work safe!

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901 #46  
Congrats from an L3010 owner. Getting the rears filled is the way to go. Still, always remember that with a full bucket up in the air the potential to turn the tractor over goes up exponentially. BTDT. Be careful with your new toy!
Rule of thumb - don't put a full bucket above the hood unless you are on level land and setting still. Anything more and have your seatbelt on and something for your "cheeks" to grip the seat with on the way down.

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901 #47  
Congrats! I know it doesn't seem like much, but I would fill the fronts, too. Can't have too much ground hugging weight!
Filling fronts is just added expense with little advantage. Front wheel weights or weights on front bumper is best. If you have a loader that is all the extra weight you need on 4x4 front axle.

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901 #48  
Great buy with the attachments! If you have a few grand a 3rd function (for the FEL), AND a remote will really come in handy. I use my rear (remote) for a hydraulic top link (buy on Amazon, or Surplus center if they have the right size) on my 3ph. So much easier to level/adjust bush hogs, box blades & tillers. Plus if you need a rear for an implement - think chippers, etc - you'll already have it (and the hydraulic top link, will stay where you last put it). I actually use my rear(s) more often than my 3rd - Grapple use (for me) is mainly in late fall, early spring. Two final things, if possible, get the heavy duty hog - it has a clutch instead of shear pins AND get your Tiller going in reverse, trust me. Unless you can plow first to loosen the ground (if your ground is as hard as mine), having a reverse direction Tiller will really save you time, effort and will give you a much better job at the end of the day.

All that said, you really did get a smoking deal for these times!

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901 #49  
Somebody posted that the headlights suck. Yes, they do. All you need to do is search under L3910 headlight on eBay. There are several vendors with LED bulbs that are a BIG improvement over Kubota’s little filament bulbs. You can probably get two LED bulbs for under $20 including shipping.

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901 #50  
MooseOnTheLoose had some great recommendations, I second the suggestion for pallet forks. Forks are always my first suggestion for anyone with a quick-attach loader.

I would hold off on the grapple until you've had a chance to give the pallet forks a good workout.

I move logs around my Sawmill all day with forks and no grapple with no problem. Brush piles take a bit of finesse, but I don't get too many of them.

I have a Wallenstein 6" chipper on my L-3400, and it's rock solid - highly recommended.

Good luck, you made a great purchase !