Pump suggestions?

/ Pump suggestions? #1  

Pilot

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 770, Yanmar 180D, JD 420 (not running), had a Kubota B6200
I'm going to have the timber thinned and I plan to pile the slash, or at least have it bunched up somewhat so I can build some little piles with my tractor. The state forestry people have to deal with rules written for industrial scale operations, which I am not. When I logged 15 years ago they wanted a water source and a pump to spray with. The pump I bought couldn't generate pressure, it was only good for jobs like filling a tank but the state guy didn't notice that. Putting a nozzle on the hose would damage the pump.
Well, I sold the pump and now I need another and I'd like one I could use with a nozzle. I have seen PTO driven pumps, but I don't know if they would fit my needs.
So what kind of pump can I use? Are there some PTO driven pumps that would work? I presume it would have some sort of pressure relief or a bypass of some sort. A PTO driven pump would be best because the tractor is so convenient.

Last edited:
   / Pump suggestions? #2  
Typically a centrifugal pump is used for spraying water and you will want something that makes at least 60psi at the nozzle- some pressure loss with height and distance.
Most don’t bypass- they just make heat...which is bad! So you either move a little water through it or turn it on when you need it. A built in pressure relief adds a lot of cost.

Last edited: