Purchase Recommendation 3620h or 4815h

/ Purchase Recommendation 3620h or 4815h #31  
Log rounds are one of the harder things to pick up, even with a grapple. I had 10 cords of rounds to load into trailers and was disappointed that neither the bucket or grapple did as well as I'd expected. I'd much rather move logs with the grapple.

/ Purchase Recommendation 3620h or 4815h
Interesting on the 3rd function being Branson branded. How about a picture of the joystick buttons when you get a chance.

Other than the grapple (right?) any other FEL mounted attachments coming?

Look forward to the pictures of you putting that rig to work.

From the operating description they gave me, it appears to be a diverter setup. The new joystick handle has a single push button that diverts the left/right bucket scoop/dump function to the grapple open/close. I will get a photo and post soon.

Not sure what other FEL attachments I will want or need. I am sure as I figure out other projects I can do with it there could be other tools needed.

Bruce.

Log rounds are one of the harder things to pick up, even with a grapple. I had 10 cords of rounds to load into trailers and was disappointed that neither the bucket or grapple did as well as I'd expected. I'd much rather move logs with the grapple.

Those I moved were already cut up so I got the bucket close and rolled them in. I was able to get about 10-12 per load of the medium sized stuff. Some were very large, like 25+ diameters so I could only get 3 at a time. It gave me more seat time to get acquainted with the new toy.
Bruce.

Interesting on the 3rd function being Branson branded. How about a picture of the joystick buttons when you get a chance.

joystick button.jpg

BCS, are those ash logs?

Those are a combination of poplar and sweetgum. Here in north Georgia they are prolific around low lying areas where there is a lot of moisture. I have spent most of this winter widening a garden area that was not getting enough hours of sun.

These were photos from a couple of months ago when we first got started. Many of the larger trees still standing near the open area are down, bucked and the brush in a pile about 5 times bigger than the one in the photo. Plan to rent a 12" chipper soon to deal with the brush.

Bruce.

IMG_0021.JPG IMG_0023.JPG IMG_0027.JPG IMG_0068.JPG IMG_brush.JPG

/ Purchase Recommendation 3620h or 4815h #37  
From the operating description they gave me, it appears to be a diverter setup. The new joystick handle has a single push button that diverts the left/right bucket scoop/dump function to the grapple open/close. I will get a photo and post soon.

Not sure what other FEL attachments I will want or need. I am sure as I figure out other projects I can do with it there could be other tools needed.

Bruce.
You are correct. It is not a third function. It is a diverted valve. This is something that angered me since I was told by my selling dealer (via email) that this was a Branson factory third function when I specifically asked if this was a true third function.

/ Purchase Recommendation 3620h or 4815h #38  
thanks to the picture of the joystick above, I now have that same joystick being shipped to me.
I bought my 4520r from a dealer in Oklahoma. The joystick was cutting the diverter valve wiring at it’s base....twice.
The wire for the switch to the diverter valve ran down through the stick and came out the bottom. For whatever reason, it was getting sliced off. First time, I rewired it by pulling the excess wiring up and reconnecting to the switch. Called the selling dealer about it. Shortly after that, it was slicing it again. They wanted to send me new joystick and wires but told me that I needed to drill the hole larger or grind down the metal where the wire came out.
I sent them the picture of this one plus the link to this thread. They were not aware that this style was available. This style has the wire running outside of the joystick. They contacted Branson and I now have this style being shipped to me under warranty. No fussing about grinding and drilling and much better ergonomics!

thanks!