Purchase Recommendation 3620h or 4815h

/ Purchase Recommendation 3620h or 4815h #21  
   / Purchase Recommendation 3620h or 4815h #22  
Much appreciated info and I replied back in the general recommendation forum thread.

The 3620 my dealer showed me had the larger IND20s on it and with the capability to turn the rim and gain 4 inches of width. Is it your opinion the stability on grades would be better with the smaller tires? I guess it is a trade off with ground clearance but I do intend to either fill tires or fabricate a rear 3point ballast weight to stabilize the FEL while working.

She's operated the Branson enough to know how it works in case I die and she has to sell it but she's not really interested in doing work with it. Understandable, she has me for that.

My wife wants to learn how to run our tractor in case we get a divorce so she can KEEP it😂

/ Purchase Recommendation 3620h or 4815h #23  
Nothing like getting the wife out there to help to get her to "buy in" to the idea of getting a tractor.

Worked for me too. Went from doubting and resisting, to totally committed to getting one. All it took was one winter storm with 4'-5' drifts and about 800 feet of driveway and parking areas to clear, while trying to use a walk behind snow blower.

Now (many winter storms later) she's convinced that the tractor is a necessity to have around.

I did teach her how to use it, and she "can", but prefers that I do it. I just need her to know how in case I'm out of town (frequently for work) and we get hit hard with snow. She can at least dig herself out. It won't be pretty, but she can get to work anyway. So far she hasn't hit anything.

:D

/ Purchase Recommendation 3620h or 4815h #24  
My wife isn't interested in the tractor (3520h), I think she's afraid of it, but she's expressed interest in getting a SCUT to replace "her" lawn tractor. Thing is, there's not much for a little tractor to do around here that the bigger tractor can't... but we do have plans to move and I'm *certain* the new place will need a SCUT... and, possibly, a bigger tractor too haha! (Don't get me wrong I love the 3520 but the new place I'm imagining - still looking - is going to need a lot of work beyond the 35)

/ Purchase Recommendation 3620h or 4815h #25  
I知 taking delivery of a 3620H tomorrow with a Branson 3rd function kit installed on the FEL for my future grapple and also with filled tires. Total weight according to the dealer should be over 6000 lbs so stability and traction should be adequate for my needs. I am sure once I get some seat time I will be back with more questions.
Bruce.

:thumbsup: Looking forward to the pics!

/ Purchase Recommendation 3620h or 4815h
I will get some photos later today and post when I can.

My wife chose to move from an HOA suburban subdivision to the national forest to get away from the traffic, noise and nosey neighbors. She loves to get her hands dirty and in a full days hard work around the property because it was what she wanted. It has been a learning process for her using bigger and bigger power tools. For Christmas she wanted her own chainsaw which I gladly obliged. Cannot have too many chainsaws can you?

I will get her on the tractor this spring doing some basic stuff and see how it progresses. We are looking forward to the increase in our productivity on the property.

Bruce.

/ Purchase Recommendation 3620h or 4815h
For those interested, here are a few pics after day 1......
The FEL third function was a Branson brand installed by my dealer.
Log pile was my training lesson.
Very happy after about 6 hours on it this weekend.

IMG_0112.jpg IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg IMG_0111.JPG

IMG_0115.jpg

/ Purchase Recommendation 3620h or 4815h #29  
That's very cool.

I don't know anybody that wouldn't be interested in those pictures.

Interesting on the 3rd function being Branson branded. How about a picture of the joystick buttons when you get a chance.

Other than the grapple (right?) any other FEL mounted attachments coming?

Look forward to the pictures of you putting that rig to work.

/ Purchase Recommendation 3620h or 4815h #30  
Very nice and yes we love pictures so keep them coming! I hope you get many years of trouble free service out of that machine!