Purchased a mini instead of a UTV

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #11  
Most don't have A/C and there suspenion is not good for off-road use. If you need to tow things then there HP is quite low.
yes sxs usually are more capable off road due to there suspension, ground clearance, and aggressive tires but most imported ones get a small lift and aggressive tires.Tell limited towing and hauling to the Japanese, I've seen 15 ton excavators hauled on roll backs smaller than my 3/4 ton. Safely, no but they make do with what they have. lol

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV
I needed a work vehicle not a off road toy. So I am hoping and I am pretty sure this will get the job done.

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #13  
Was looking to do the same. Screw the prices of UTVs ...

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #14  
Got frustrated with the lack of availability and prices on the UTV's I was considering. Ended up finding a mini truck and it ticked all the boxes for me, including a dump bed. Bonus is I can get a plate in TN and drive it to the lumber yard :)

Nice mini truck but sorry, I doubt I would drive one of those on a public road in traffic?

I have been holding on to my sons old 1983 Ford Ranger 4x4 to revive one of these days.
All the Ranger really needs is swapping the 5 speed transmission with another one which I already have (lost reverse in the original) and some TLC etc. etc.

The plan is to use it for hauling wood chips, firewood etc. on our own property only.

In other words: It's another project waiting...

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #15  
Those are cool little trucks. I looked at them a few years ago, and could only find RIGHT HAND DRIVES, so I lost interest. I have an old truck for around the yard that does most hauling. I was recently looking at Trackers, Samarais, Sidekicks, Vitaras ... but those things are getting older, high mileage, and astronomical prices because the SxS crowd has discovered them. I keep looking

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #16  
I needed a work vehicle not a off road toy. So I am hoping and I am pretty sure this will get the job done.
For 18k it's a steal. Price a new sxs with enclosed cab ac heat etc 30k+ plus unless it's a Honda it's belt driven, it will probably tow and haul more than most sxs. What does it weigh and how much is it supposed to haul in bed and towing?

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #17  
The engine on my motorcycle is almost 3 times bigger.

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV
For 18k it's a steal. Price a new sxs with enclosed cab ac heat etc 30k+ plus unless it's a Honda it's belt driven, it will probably tow and haul more than most sxs. What does it weigh and how much is it supposed to haul in bed and towing?
Yes I thought about it hard before I purchased and the positives outweigh the negative.
pos
cheaper than similar equipped utv (ac, ps, am/fm, dump,4x4)
can be tagged in TN
has airbags JIC
bed can carry and dump ~900lbs (I think this is right, might be more)
easy to work on
all sides of dump fold down

neg
RHD
parts are harder to get
might not handle very difficult terrain as well
I look ridiculous in it

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #19  
Yes I thought about it hard before I purchased and the positives outweigh the negative.
pos
cheaper than similar equipped utv (ac, ps, am/fm, dump,4x4)
can be tagged in TN
has airbags JIC
bed can carry and dump ~900lbs (I think this is right, might be more)
easy to work on
all sides of dump fold down

neg
RHD
parts are harder to get
might not handle very difficult terrain as well
I look ridiculous in it
I believe a lot of them have a locking differential, does yours? Ridiculous to me is spending over 30k for a sxs to go through the woods. You probably can outfit it with a cheaper winch just in case 5k or less with a snatch block. I noticed there are more and more websites catering to mini trucks including parts and accessories. In my younger days I could lift the back of foreign mini cars and turn them around lol. Good luck and awesome purchase!

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #20  
UTV's and Japanese mini trucks are built for completely different uses. This UTV has a 1000cc 80 something HP engine in it. Seems Number15 got a mini truck that will fit his needs (y) but those little trucks, are not for everyone.
defenderindeep22.jpg