Purchased a mini instead of a UTV

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #61  
^
nice, at their much better price point and the utility of them (dump.4wd, street-able in places, size etc) it makes sense to get into the parts business

next come the ev versions!

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #62  
I would never buy another ATV/UTV for personal use. I bought my Hijet to put a snow plow on. Figured it would be lots nicer to do with a heated cab. Then I got the thing, and decided driving it is the most fun I’d had on the street, since Daddy took my go cart away for driving it on the street.
A7D623EA-7BE1-4B25-912A-37EC5D55AAF0.jpeg

With the electro-hydraulic Black Line plow, the 6 sacks of concrete in the back as a counter-weight to the plow, and 4wd low range with full lock up, it stays hooked up and plows like a champ. Plus I get to do it in a tee shirt, with a cup of coffee.

And, with a scissor lift/dump bed, it is really handy for just hauling lumber or topsoil.

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #63  
I would never buy another ATV/UTV for personal use. I bought my Hijet to put a snow plow on. Figured it would be lots nicer to do with a heated cab. Then I got the thing, and decided driving it is the most fun I’d had on the street, since Daddy took my go cart away for driving it on the street. View attachment 718928
With the electro-hydraulic Black Line plow, the 6 sacks of concrete in the back as a counter-weight to the plow, and 4wd low range with full lock up, it stays hooked up and plows like a champ. Plus I get to do it in a tee shirt, with a cup of coffee. And, with a scissor lift/dump bed, it is really handy for just hauling lumber or topsoil.
Every UTV I ever operated, had a heated cab. How did that happened? There suspension is made for rough off-road ridding. Not the same as a mini.

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #64  
I've never been in a UTV with a heated cab. I did just put a windshield on my Polaris Ranger 900 and thought I was really moving up until I saw that little truck.

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #65  
There is one or two UTVs with heated cabs,, my Kubota RTVX1100 has it and air conditioning and radio and hydraulic dump box and 4wd locking and fitted easily for plow and I can drive and insured for the roads in my rural town. And its diesel drivetrain has typically a decade or two lifespan.....but each of us has different needs overall.

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #66  
I think 4x4 Ford Ranger or similar size Toyota etc. street legal pickup would work also.
Yes they are little bit larger...

Come to think of it, I have such 83 Ranger just waiting for it's turn to be revived.
It's been in a coma since about 2001 or so.

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #67  
Awesome machine jigs!
Probably reasonably quiet and can get over jogging speed also!

I have seen a few around town here, out at Home Depot etc

the scissor lift bed must be awesome!

looks like the perfect “around the property” work horse

love my cj and my yanmar crawler dump and the fleet of atvs, ..now do I really need another machine….Hrm

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #68  
There is one or two UTVs with heated cabs,, my Kubota RTVX1100 has it and air conditioning and radio and hydraulic dump box and 4wd locking and fitted easily for plow and I can drive and insured for the roads in my rural town. And its diesel drivetrain has typically a decade or two lifespan.....but each of us has different needs overall.
I drive the tiny truck legally on any non State maintained roads. (There are only two state maintained roads in Lemhi County.)

And, I can run it on US 93, the seven miles I need to, when I run to the county landfill. It runs at 55-mph with the bed full and pulling the dump trailer. last run to the dump, the speed limit is 65-mph, so I turned on the rear light bar in flashing hazard mode. About a mile short of the turn off to the dump, the Highway Patrol came up behind me and didn’t pass me. When I turned off the Highway, he followed me and hit the lights. I pulled over and he came up and thanked me for using my flashers and light bar when i was going slow. He reminded me the truck isn’t street legal. Then said that he wouldn’t really worry about it so long as I didn’t go too far out of town.

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #69  
If you buy them in the US used usually start around 6k and new start around 18k depending on options. Mine is auto, I had to get the auto because it was the only one with AC available at the time. I would have prefered stick but I am not really that disappointed. The 4x4 still works good. You can save a lot of money if you import one yourself.

2020 Daihatsu HiJet S510, imported from Japan. IMO Daihatsu is one of the uglier ones, but it has the best reliability reputation as far as I can tell. Plus it was available ;)
so can you explain the import process, did you just show up with a trailer? and an onsite contact? did you buy from tc-v.com?

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #70  
so can you explain the import process, did you just show up with a trailer? and an onsite contact? did you buy from tc-v.com?
I bought mine through a dealer who handled all of the import issues. I’m in eastern Idaho, so going to get one from the docks really isn’t an option. It was worth the few hundred dollars the dealer made on the deal to have him handle the imports and customs, and get it close enough that it was not too expensive to have it shipped the last little bit.

There are guys on the minitrucktalk.com website who do buy them from auctions in Japan and handle the import and customs process themselves. You might go check over there.