Purchased a mini instead of a UTV

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV
so can you explain the import process, did you just show up with a trailer? and an onsite contact? did you buy from tc-v.com?
I purchased mine from a dealer as well. I was working with an importer from Japan but the dealer was easier.

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #72  
I purchased mine from a dealer as well. I was working with an importer from Japan but the dealer was easier.
how much of a difference are you guys talking 500 bucks sure. 3k no.

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #73  
I am planning to visit a mini truck dealer next trip downstate. I have had a Ranger 800 XP and RZR 570; and now have a Kawasaki Mule.

I would be nice to have something I can use year round that does cost $20k+. The mini truck specs say that running the AC uses a pint of fuel per hour. Nice to have a cab, windshield, wipers and heat. Being able to park it outside is another feature.

I had a used 16 year old beater pickup for a while; and plates, insurance and repairs were about $1500/yr.

how much of a difference are you guys talking 500 bucks sure. 3k no.
The place I went had used ones from 3k and new ones from 18k.

I got one with a dump, ac, heat, air bags etc for around 20k. Brand new.

They are out there for if you search. I wanted new so I payed for it but they had nice used ones for 6k and up. Seems stock is low now https://www.duncanimports.com/mini-trucks.htm

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #75  
I strongly considered one a couple of years ago, before buying a Kawasaki Mule.

Mini trucks have many advantages. Until you actually try getting into one, and then getting out again. And imagine yourself doing that over and over. At least for me, since I'm 6'4" with long legs. If you're more average-sided, you may well be fine, but just noting this in this thread so tall people like me don't get their hopes up too high before trying one in real life...

I'm 6'3" 230lb and while I will admit that it is not super easy to get in and out, it's not that bad. About as easy or hard as some of the sxs vehicles I have been in.

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #77  
Minis might work on some properties, but like many recommendations, your situation may dictate otherwise. No way a mini could do what a UTV can do on my land. The mini is more expensive than the equivalent UTV. You cannot compare to the most expensive UTV to justify the expense. I can get a UTV that will do what I need for about 10k. By the time I upgraded the mini to handle my minimum needs, it would be twice that at least.

Minis might work on some properties, but like many recommendations, your situation may dictate otherwise. No way a mini could do what a UTV can do on my land. The mini is more expensive than the equivalent UTV. You cannot compare to the most expensive UTV to justify the expense. I can get a UTV that will do what I need for about 10k. By the time I upgraded the mini to handle my minimum needs, it would be twice that at least.
As I said earlier in the thread. Horses for courses. Threads like this are so people discuss pros an cons.

For me it has been a great purchase. I use it all the time and I am happy with its performance. It's been almost everywhere on my property without to many issues. The AC and now the heat are welcome when I need a break. The dump bed works a treat. And it's a great vehicle to get supplies in town or to make runs to the transfer station.

It has limitations and I am aware of most of them. I can't go speeding across my land and I don't see it doing well in the woods. I'm fine with that. I probably would have been fine with a Kawasaki mule/ Kubota rtv as well, but not available at the time and more money similarly equiped.

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #79  
Nice choice
I went with cj5 over the mini but they were both very close and the cj only won because the one I wanted came up at a good price along with the 3pt hitch.

I still got carry space and the amount I need to dump (along with the quality) really meant a dump trailer anyway unless I wanted to beat the living heck out of the bed
You have a Jeep CJ5 with a 3 point hitch??