Buying Advice Purchasing 100HP tractor, JD 5M vs KB M5

/ Purchasing 100HP tractor, JD 5M vs KB M5 #12  
Seems you really like the JD, but don't want to be all-in on it. Can you lease? Either way, why not give it a try? You only live once!

/ Purchasing 100HP tractor, JD 5M vs KB M5
The only way I know to decide is to have both dealers bring a tractor out for a few days, around here all the major
dealers will bring a tractor out to the farm so it can be used and run under actual conditions. i also know that they
don't like to for the compacts unless they know the farm and individuals. On the farm we have never purchased a tractor without trying
it out for a day or so and up to a week, some times it would stay, many times a different one was what ended up being
brought out and then purchased.

That's not a bad idea, I'm going to ask about that in the morning. Thanks for the tip.

Did they finally put ride control on these tractors ? On a full size backhoe it is Cadillac and Pinto on the ride . Case came out with it and others followed . I have probably rode 50000 miles through CU in IL. The difference is amazing . Kevin .

Kubota has a shockless ride system that is for dampening the loader in the M5 series (and smaller) machines. I think to get chassis dampening you have to go up in size. Same for the JD.

Anxious to see your decision. Don't think you can go wrong either way.

When I bought my M9540 I looked hard at JD M series. Couldn't get close on price. Even the JD salesman told me I should buy the Kubota. But I think that gap is closing.

Post pics when you decide and take delivery!!! :)

The price is definitely better on the Kubota. List on the Kubota is about $77.5K and the Deere is $88K.
My Kubota dealer is small and only has a single store. They don't offer too much off of list but always offer a fair trade in value.
The Deere dealer is big and has many stores. They tend to offer more goodies (service manuals, maintenance items) as incentives.
The trade in value is never as good, but they take more % off of MSRP. It's just a numbers game either way.

See what your "accountant" says! :D

She likes the green one. The last time she made payments on a green machine was in 1998. We bought a JD riding mower that we couldn't afford at the time and financed it. I think we paid $2200. Boy, have things changed in 20 years!

Seems you really like the JD, but don't want to be all-in on it. Can you lease? Either way, why not give it a try? You only live once!

My hope is that I have this machine for a long time and since we aren't running this thru our business, I'm not sure how leasing works for personal use??

/ Purchasing 100HP tractor, JD 5M vs KB M5 #18  
In the 100hp bracket right now you are eliminating some better tractors I think by only going Kubota or JD . On price I would certainly go Kubota but there are better tractors than deere if your going for the comforts and without the running costs

/ Purchasing 100HP tractor, JD 5M vs KB M5 #19  
In the 100hp bracket right now you are eliminating some better tractors I think by only going Kubota or JD . On price I would certainly go Kubota but there are better tractors than deere if your going for the comforts and without the running costs

Pretty vague reply. Who else do you recommend? CNH have a decent machine, much bigger than kubota or Deere and priced similar. However, the fit and finish isn't the same. Not familiar with Massey but they don't seem to be doing a whole lot and then there is mahindra. If you're looking at a 5m, you're not going to be impressed with a mahindra

Brett

/ Purchasing 100HP tractor, JD 5M vs KB M5 #20  
Can't comment on the Kubota, but I've had a 5115M with the 32/16 Power-reverser for several years now and it's been great. I do mostly loader work (incl. grapple) but do some occasional brush hogging and winter snow removal and it's handled everything very well and comfortably. Hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying this, but zero problems so far.