Push Mowers, Battery Vs. gas

/ Push Mowers, Battery Vs. gas
Mower's OK so far. I don't push mow much area, just a few places around the house where the riders won't fit well. And I don't usually do it all at once. I've run one battery down a few times, but just switch to the other. Wish they had a better way to do that.

It'll bog down in taller, thicker grass, but my gassers did that too.

Best thing is starting. No yankin' and yankin'. Squeeze a lever, push a button. Less than half the noise too. I can mow at Sunrise and not bother the neighbors a half mile away.

How long will it last? I guess we'll see.

/ Push Mowers, Battery Vs. gas #72  
Mower's OK so far. I don't push mow much area, just a few places around the house where the riders won't fit well. And I don't usually do it all at once. I've run one battery down a few times, but just switch to the other. Wish they had a better way to do that.

It'll bog down in taller, thicker grass, but my gassers did that too.

Best thing is starting. No yankin' and yankin'. Squeeze a lever, push a button. Less than half the noise too. I can mow at Sunrise and not bother the neighbors a half mile away.

How long will it last? I guess we'll see.
I'm on my third season with my DeWalt battery powered push mower.

https://www.authorizedtooloutlet.co...cQiUkhdxknoLZOojSJMCE4T_BKoLX9xxoCixsQAvD_BwE

No problems so far and they use the DeWalt tool batteries I already have.

I'm almost hoping something does break so I can buy the new self powered model. ;)

/ Push Mowers, Battery Vs. gas #73  
No mention of Stihl
Battery equipment?

I looked at mowers but since mine used for property rental property maintainence last until the deck rusts through I figure I have time.

The $99 Craftsman bought new in 1984 mowed almost 20 years going weekly from property to property one day each week… the wheels wearing out every 5-6 years biggest expense.

Bought a $199 Honda powered Husky and 18 years no issue yet.

If the time comes most likely go Stihl since I have batteries and charger.

My thought on Stihl is it will be around unlike some of the battery drills that are like new but only way to work is to rebuild battery pack.

Moms Mothers Day Present in 2001 was a professional Honda Aluminum Deck no stop gas mower because she would need to start and stop many times to empty catcher and with the professional Honda motor stays running.

Go to any Mower Shop and you see they have no inventory as much of what they sold no longer is sellable in California and this is across the board.

Prices on what’s available increased significantly…

/ Push Mowers, Battery Vs. gas #74  
Reminds me of the days when Wal-Mart sold Murray push mowers for maybe even $89. As long as you kept the oil changed, seemed like they would run forever.

Just bought a ryobi 40v mower mainly to see how it really performs. I doubt it will be running in 20 years. But it is quiet and easy to use. So I can see the appeal for small yards.

/ Push Mowers, Battery Vs. gas #75  
How about NEITHER !

No gas and no electric !

Get a full REEL MOWER instead.

Modern unit for under $90.
https://www.amazon.com/Greenworks-RM1400-Mower-14-Inch-Green/dp/B089Q1XH9B

1654867982702.png

Or go big with the 20-inch cut!

1654868075293.png

Save the gas and work your as... behind off and cancel that gym membership. :)

Some of the best fairway greens are only done with reel mowers.

1654868169576.png

1654868292114.png

1654868470112.png

Don't get stuck paying a buck to the rising energy costs to line their pocketbooks.

Now, you can still go around and use an electric weed-trimmer to finish it all off.

/ Push Mowers, Battery Vs. gas #77  
How about NEITHER !

No gas and no electric !

Get a full REEL MOWER instead.

Modern unit for under $90.
https://www.amazon.com/Greenworks-RM1400-Mower-14-Inch-Green/dp/B089Q1XH9B

View attachment 749611

Or go big with the 20-inch cut!

View attachment 749612

Save the gas and work your as... behind off and cancel that gym membership. :)

Some of the best fairway greens are only done with reel mowers.

View attachment 749613

View attachment 749614

View attachment 749615

Don't get stuck paying a buck to the rising energy costs to line their pocketbooks.

Now, you can still go around and use an electric weed-trimmer to finish it all off.
I was waiting for someone to post… started by career at 8 mowing neighbors lawns with a push 5 blade reel mower and then picked up a 7 blade reel for Bent Grass of one very particular neighbor… she was demanding but when you did it Exactly the way she required also paid the best.

Problem was on lawns cut every other week I really had to lean into to mower handle down low just to push it!

I felt like I had arrived when I bought my first gas mower!

3.5 Briggs motor and still running strong after 20 years averaging 6-7 hours every week year round… or roughly 6,000 hours with only oil change every 300 hours.

/ Push Mowers, Battery Vs. gas #78  
B&S doesn't make them like that anymore.

/ Push Mowers, Battery Vs. gas #79  
B&S doesn't make them like that anymore.
Tiny little thing but best ever…

Easy to start, not bad on fuel and light weight mower that I ran the wheels off several times with recoil pull rope on engine not handle bar…

Somewhere down the line my brother bought a 5.5hp mower with single handle to adjust all 4 wheel height at a time.

His 5.5 would guzzle fuel…

/ Push Mowers, Battery Vs. gas #80  
Tiny little thing but best ever…

Easy to start, not bad on fuel and light weight mower that I ran the wheels off several times with recoil pull rope on engine not handle bar…

Somewhere down the line my brother bought a 5.5hp mower with single handle to adjust all 4 wheel height at a time.

His 5.5 would guzzle fuel…
About 8-19 years ago bought a Snapper with B&S engine and larger gas tank than my Husqvarna with Honda 5.5. The B&S was a big disappointment. The larger tank was not enough to finish my lawn, but the Honda was plenty. The B&S gas cap was designed and positioned such that it was near impossible to open without grass clippings falling in. Was oriented on the mower so that clipping dust blew around the gas cap. The cap was designed to trap dirt underneath so dirt could fall in the tank when the cap was removed.

Have similar problem with current EGo 56v mower. 7.5Ah battery will not cover the whole lawn, but just about the same was the big tank on B&S Snapoer. No problem with clippings falling into the battery.