Pushed out axle seal Kioti dk42

/ Pushed out axle seal Kioti dk42 #1  

Captm

Tractor
2022 Kioti DK4210SE
I was greasing my tractor today and noticed what looks like part of the axle seal laying on the axle. I dont really see what else it could be, I guess I must have pushed the seal out last time I greased it.
Have any of you ever replaced that seal? Is it a big job to do? Do you guys think I can still use the tractor without hurting anything?

FYI the tractor is still brand new and has about 30 hours on it.

Attachments

• IMG_0543.jpg
    IMG_0543.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0544.jpg
    IMG_0544.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 227
   / Pushed out axle seal Kioti dk42 #2  
Looks like grease to me, I didn’t see any seal material. You’ve probably just gave it too much. How many pumps did you give it? 2 or 3 pumps once/twice between oil changes is lots…unless it went under water.

/ Pushed out axle seal Kioti dk42
Maybe I should have taken a better picture. Sorry for that, i know it may not look like it but believe me there is definitely a piece of rubber gasket that came out of it.

/ Pushed out axle seal Kioti dk42 #4  
Well, you have Warranty. Call your dealer Monday and keep the grease to it so that dirt doesn’t get in…😉

Thank you Robin, I know I have a waranty but my dealer is about 2 hours away, that is why I asked if anyone has replaced that gasket and how big a job it is, it might easier for me to just replace the gasket without having to tow my tractor all the way to the dealer.

/ Pushed out axle seal Kioti dk42 #6  
Well I’d call them regardless and take a better picture to show the seal piece. That way it’s documented. Then whenever you get it serviced by them, maybe the 50 hour 1st service, they can include the seal replacement at the same time. Keep the grease oozing out just a little…

Yeah, I will take a better picture of the seal tomorrow and post it here. I was not going to take the tractor to the dealer for the 50 hours service (again 2 hours drive) and they will probably say it is my fault, that I pumped too much grease in it anyway. As I remember I probably pumped it with the grease gun 2 or 3 times at 15 hours.

/ Pushed out axle seal Kioti dk42 #8  
Do they have a field mechanic that would come to you? But, It’s their problem that will only cost them more as the hours rack up…

No they made it clear that they would cover waranty but I if there is a problem I would have to get the tractor there on my own.

/ Pushed out axle seal Kioti dk42 #10  
That almost looks like the O-ring was cut during assembly, then the grease just pushed the damaged part out.

It's possible to push the O-ring out by over pressurizing that grease zerk, but that usually just pushes the O-ring out.

On that part and the trunnions where the front axle pivots, it's important to not apply too much pressure when greasing or it will blow the O-rings out. Some tractors, usually bigger one, have a built in relief valve to prevent exactly that.

The purpose of the o-rings there is to keep water and dirt from getting in.

Personally, I see no point on really file a warranty claim for a couple cents worth of O-ring, specially in this situation that's easily fixable. The trunnions on the front axle pivot are a lot more work to fix.

All it should take is take that part off, put a new o-ring and assemble back together.