Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits

/ Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits #21  
Not even sure what he was trying to accomplish.

He was doing more damage to that slope/dam by spinning the tires than he was repairing.

Tractor was using 99% of its ability to stay on the slope....and 1% of its ability to move half a wheelbarrow load of dirt.
Exactly my thought as well. Clearly that tractor didn't make the dam/slope. Why even drive across it like that?

I guess there was a small ridge of spoils left behind by the bulldozer or something... that he wanted to flatten out? Sheesh.

/ Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits #22  
I don't know about the limits of that tractor. Certainly pushing his intelligence beyond all limits.

/ Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits #24  
Looks like he's practicing to be a sprint car driver... glad he didn't have a mishap.

/ Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits #25  
   / Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits #26  
I don't think he was even close to rolling...I didn't see any of the tires off the ground
My guess, for better or worse, the guy has been doing his for years...
I agree Roy. The slope was solid with plenty of "marbles" under the rear tires for them to scoot on. As long as he kept the left rear tire below himself he couldn't roll. Would slide down the bank first.

I wish we had the operator in this discussion. He would get a kick out of the responses. :)

/ Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits #27  
Exactly the problem. If you do something wrong for years and survive you ignorantly start to think you are invincible or what you are doing is fine. It only takes once for it to turn tragic.
As is the case when you mount/dismount your tractor. Climb or descend a ladder. Clean the gutters on your house. Go ice fishing. Drive your ATV/UTV down the road. Jump out of the back of your pickup. Etc., etc. :giggle:

/ Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits #28  
Looks to me like a guy who knows exactly what his equipment is capable of and is doing the best he can with what he has. I've got 5000 hours on tractors and 6000 on other heavy equipment as a landscaper, and I get put in this type of situation all the time. I have never flipped. Ditches, berms and grades still need to be finish graded and mowed. Is what he's doing optimal? no, but not everyone can afford the perfect equipment for the job. I think the problem is people assuming the operator is as inexperienced as they are.

/ Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits #29  
I don't think anyone is going to argue with what you're saying. This is one of those examples where there are other tools more suitable for the job.
Of course, but it's going to cost money.

/ Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits #30  
I don't know about the limits of that tractor. Certainly pushing his intelligence beyond all limits.
You can say the same thing about race car drivers.