Putting mower to bed for the winter

/ Putting mower to bed for the winter #11  
I wait until I'm ready to use it the next summer before replacing the air filters because critters sometimes get in them snd chew them up over the winter. Rather have them wreck a dirty one instead of a new one.

/ Putting mower to bed for the winter #12  
Never in 60 years have had an air filter "molested" in any way. Seems there must be a problem elsewhere that could use some attention. But I may be missing something.

/ Putting mower to bed for the winter #13  
Never in 60 years have had an air filter "molested" in any way. Seems there must be a problem elsewhere that could use some attention. But I may be missing something.

I have; both in my tractor and my truck. Not every year, but enough to know to check it before I start it if it has been sitting for awhile.

they don't touch the skidsteer and mower filters though.

/ Putting mower to bed for the winter #14  
Leaves dropped late here in my part of Massachusetts. Had to go out one last time yesterday to clean the lawn up. First, we had to move the last of our firewood in the house and then I did the lawn. Ended up doing half of it in the dark just with the tractor headlights. Neighbors probably thought I was nuts. Next week I'll put away the mower deck and throw on the snow blower.

/ Putting mower to bed for the winter #15  
Since out winters only last about 3 months now (used to be 5-6 months), I just park it in the back of the garage. Nothing different from any other day. It'll get a check over before first use in March, but that's about it.

/ Putting mower to bed for the winter #16  
Mossy... I pull the starting batteries and top off the fuel tanks with gas and Marine Stabil. I do the RV too. All my batteries get stored in the shop on a battery tender. Being cheap, I use one Tender for all of them with jumpers between them. 5 batteries total.

In the spring, the oil gets changed, batteries re-installed, greased and good to go once again. Of course this year with gas prices what they are, lawn mowing (I mow 4 acres) will be an expensive adventure.

Never sharpen blades. I replace them every year.

/ Putting mower to bed for the winter #17  
I wait until I'm ready to use it the next summer before replacing the air filters because critters sometimes get in them snd chew them up over the winter. Rather have them wreck a dirty one instead of a new one.
Never an issue here. 2 barn cats that are 'professional' mousers.

/ Putting mower to bed for the winter #18  
Never an issue here. 2 barn cats that are 'professional' mousers.

keep mine outside though. Doesn't happen every year; just once in awhile

/ Putting mower to bed for the winter #19  
Mossy... I pull the starting batteries and top off the fuel tanks with gas and Marine Stabil. I do the RV too. All my batteries get stored in the shop on a battery tender. Being cheap, I use one Tender for all of them with jumpers between them. 5 batteries total.

In the spring, the oil gets changed, batteries re-installed, greased and good to go once again. Of course this year with gas prices what they are, lawn mowing (I mow 4 acres) will be an expensive adventure.

Never sharpen blades. I replace them every year.
My mower is a 21" Huskee Moss-propelled walk behind big wheel mower with a Honda engine. It mows an area of about 900 square feet. :ROFLMAO: