Putting propane in R12 ac system?

/ Putting propane in R12 ac system? #21  
My Ford 6700 has a York type compressor that does well with 134A. It sat idle all Winter started it up to rake hay & my tractor operator told me AC blows cold air. My 4255 has a Sanden compressor.

/ Putting propane in R12 ac system? #23  
Yes I added oil when I put the 134 in. As to the R12 it痴 hard to get and expensive. Remember it痴 been banned since like 1994. All that痴 left is old stock and reclaimed.

You just reminded me: I have a 20lb.(?) tank of R12 that I need to put on E-bay and sell.

What's the going price? I have several small cans of R12

/ Putting propane in R12 ac system? #24  
I put 134 in my 92, and it works well. Make sure you get the refrigerant without the oil.
I've also seen videos on YouTube of guys charging their ac with computer dusting spray.
The funny thing is you are supposed to capture any old refrigerant, but you can buy this dusting spray, and just spray it without an issue.

/ Putting propane in R12 ac system? #26  
   / Putting propane in R12 ac system?
What's the going price? I have several small cans of R12

It was as high as $100 for a pound can. I don’t know if it’s came down or not. It’s pretty much a collector car item. The beater truck guys like me are going to dump in something else or do without.

/ Putting propane in R12 ac system? #28  
R29 (CARE 4) Propane | Linde Gas

Particularly red the line : It is a flammable refrigerant and therefore not suitable for retrofitting existing fluorocarbon refrigerant systems.

Andy

/ Putting propane in R12 ac system? #29  
If there痴 an actual safety concern based on fact, voice your concerns.]
I know a Bic lighter can take a leg off of a welder back of this..Somebody had told me that the welder had a Bic lighter in his pocket as he was doing some welding, and some of the melting steel fell down into his pants pocket , where the Bic was at and melted into it a causing a bomb like explosion taking his leg 2/3 off, later had to have it removed. He went on to say that a Bic lighter is about equal to a 1/4 stick of dynamite.This is all hearsay ..but if in a wreck with that in your system and burn that rubber hose full of it..That would be the one reason for me not to have it in there..

/ Putting propane in R12 ac system?
That seems like more internet bs. If 2 pounds of propane in an ac system is going to blow up the world imagine the dangers of a propane vehicle with hundreds of pounds on board. Or transporting a BBQ propane cylinder. Or just having 30 gallons of gasoline on board.