Kioti DK40SE
Here are some pics of my weekend project:
metal garage ceiling 001.jpg

metal garage ceiling 003.jpg

metal garage ceiling 006.jpg

metal garage ceiling 005.jpg
metal garage ceiling 007.jpg

metal garage ceiling.jpg
I bolted a 10ft wide frame built out of lumber to my tractor bucket (the holes were in the bucket from the factory) and used it as a platform to lift 20ft and 16ft sheets of metal to the trusses which are 12ft high. and 4ft O/C.
It worked out great and I was able to get it all done in most of last weekend by myself.
I'm gonna blow about a foot or so of insulation on top of the metal. I framed the walls with 2x6's and used r19 in them and I think it should heat pretty easy this winter. I'm gonna heat it with a wood boiler:D

/ Putting up a metal garage ceiling with my tractor #2  
thats ingenious. Could hang drywall with ti too if needed.

/ Putting up a metal garage ceiling with my tractor #3  
Great job. I plan on using the white metal siding for the ceiling when I get around to having our pole barn built. Thanks for posting the pics, great idea and set up with the FEL.

/ Putting up a metal garage ceiling with my tractor #4  
Great idea! Good photos, too. It looks like it came out very well - thanks for sharing with the photos.

/ Putting up a metal garage ceiling with my tractor #5  
Impressive!

/ Putting up a metal garage ceiling with my tractor #6  
Looks good. I need to do that as well. Too bad my ceiling is 14' high. :(

/ Putting up a metal garage ceiling with my tractor #7  
Looks Great ! ! ! Like the frame for installing the panels Great idea

/ Putting up a metal garage ceiling with my tractor #8  
That's really slick. I am also very glad none on the pieces slid off and made two parts outta you! You got a huge amount of work done...really impressive.
Peter

/ Putting up a metal garage ceiling with my tractor #10  
Carpenter,

Excellent example of what can be accomplished in a weekend by a clever man and a versatile tool.

With 4' O/C truss spacing, do you have any concerns about undesirable deflections of the ceiling under the load of 12" of blown insulation?

- LogChain