QA Loader Frame Latch Pin Safey Modification

/ QA Loader Frame Latch Pin Safey Modification #71  
The same thing happened to me using my grapple to move and crush down brush. A branch pushed up the latch lever and while pushing down on the brush one side of the grapple came loose. Luckily I caught it before any damage. I can't see what you did either. Your pics don't come thru.

This is what did. No mod to the tractor. I made a hook from a piece of angle and an 8" long 1/2" bolt. Using the existing holes in the frame the bolt slides behind the lever below the pivot point. The hook holds the lever in the locked position.

Use the upper holes

P1160803.JPG

Hooks

P1170017.JPG

Hooks in place

P1170027.JPG

P1170031.JPG

You need a wrench to change attachments so it is not exactly QA anymore but I won't drop anymore attachments.

gg

/ QA Loader Frame Latch Pin Safey Modification #72  
We had different issues Gordon. My problem was with the pins that hold the main brackets of the loader frame onto the tractor. I'm not sure why you can't see my pictures. I can see yours fine. I'm on a different computer now but I'll try to repost the pics sometime when I'm on my other cumputer. Nice solution to your issue!

The same thing happened to me using my grapple to move and crush down brush. A branch pushed up the latch lever and while pushing down on the brush one side of the grapple came loose. Luckily I caught it before any damage. I can't see what you did either. Your pics don't come thru.

This is what did. No mod to the tractor. I made a hook from a piece of angle and an 8" long 1/2" bolt. Using the existing holes in the frame the bolt slides behind the lever below the pivot point. The hook holds the lever in the locked position.

Use the upper holes

View attachment 529241

Hooks

View attachment 529242

Hooks in place

View attachment 529243

View attachment 529244

You need a wrench to change attachments so it is not exactly QA anymore but I won't drop anymore attachments.

gg

/ QA Loader Frame Latch Pin Safey Modification #73  
We had different issues Gordon. My problem was with the pins that hold the main brackets of the loader frame onto the tractor. I'm not sure why you can't see my pictures. I can see yours fine. I'm on a different computer now but I'll try to repost the pics sometime when I'm on my other cumputer. Nice solution to your issue!

OK now I see the issue. I didn't read thru enough to understand. Typical lazy user me !! I see your pics fine. It is OverSize's I can't see. I tried to see his solution and couldn't then mistakenly assumed the wrong problem. Thanks for straightening me out.

gg

/ QA Loader Frame Latch Pin Safey Modification #74  
See if this helps, it's Richard's design.

Attachments

• DSCN0674.JPG
    DSCN0674.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 135
   / QA Loader Frame Latch Pin Safey Modification
Yep, Larry nailed it. When I get some time on the computer I'll repost mine. Very simple mod that solves the potential problem.

/ QA Loader Frame Latch Pin Safey Modification #76  
This is a great thread. Last year on my old MX5100 I had the right FEL pin come out. I had driven down our road, which is a rocky, bumpy dirt road, and then up our driveway (smooth), backed into our shop, and lowered the FEL. As I lowered the FEL from the "carry" position, suddenly it went crooked and jammed with the right side of the bucket on the floor and the left a few inches up. My brain didn't even understand what had just happened ("WTF?"), but after a few seconds I realized the pin was out. Nothing was bent, but getting the FEL back into alignment was a real pain. I did it using a long rock bar, but a 2nd FEL to lift that side (or at least a 2nd person) would have been easier. There was no damage, but there are dozens of ways this could have been worse, since bucket was empty, I wasn't moving, and was on a level hard surface. Feel sorry for the OP.

On my "new to me" L5740 I have a wrap of tape on each to prevent the locking pins from bouncing up. (Never remove the FEL). Now I think I'll do something permanent. I didn't think this ever happened to anyone else, and now I'm sorry I didn't post a mention of it back then.

/ QA Loader Frame Latch Pin Safey Modification #77  
looking forward to the pics, ovrszd!