QH top link

/ QH top link
Gotta remove that lock nut from the old top link. Have it in my vice now to try to remove that possibly bent end with the nut on it to see if I can get the nut off. May have to just cut it off.

The gizmo on the TSC top link to lock it will not move. The new top link wants to unscrew as the bush hog is operated.

Any other way of stopping the thing from unscrewing?

/ QH top link
I found a Youtube video about HF QH fixes. A guy said he found another top hook that fixes the problem with bush hogs. Didn't say where he found it. Found it on Amazon for about $46. Ordered it.

Will do a pic when I get it and swapped out.

/ QH top link #13  
Take a before and after. I still can't picture why it wasn't working. Glad you found a potential solution.

/ QH top link
At least 2 youtube videos have highlighted this problem. Only on bush hogs. The HF QH hook just has the "hook" too close to the securement pins/bolts. The implement (bush hog) just bumps the pins/bolts and will not engaged. I don't know why HF does not change their hook to what you can get on Amazon.

Others have but out a 1/2 inch on the inside of the hook on the implement side and welded it back onto the tractor side of the hook. Machine work to have this done for me is probably close to the $50 for the other hook.

/ QH top link
Got the new top hook from Amazon. It is the one on the right in the picture. Have put it on.

Don't know why HF keeps making them with the top hook on the left. The bolts or pins holding it to the QH interfere with bush hog vertical piece such that they keep the top hook from engaging.

Here's a video showing the problem:

Attachments

• Top hooks.jpg
    Top hooks.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited: