Pat's Easy Change Question about Pat's Easy Change

/ Question about Pat's Easy Change #11  
I have pats q.h. on my L2501 kubota and also the stabilizers from mark h. It works well without the added spreader bar. I never use that.

/ Question about Pat's Easy Change #12  
We had Pat's system on our L3800 and have Pat's system on our MX5800. We have 11 different attachments, some quick-hitch compatible like your box blade and some not. Pat's system works with all of our attachments.

/ Question about Pat's Easy Change #13  
I think there is really slow but steady trend to go to Quick Hitch.... Its standardization... Yes if you go QH and some of your implements may not be comparable, but once modified, done forever.... With Pats system you have to deal with vagaries of each implement each time you connect....

Dale

Attachments

• ASAEquickHitchImplementDim.jpg
    ASAEquickHitchImplementDim.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 136
   / Question about Pat's Easy Change #14  
If I was choosing between a conventional quick hitch and the Pat's quick hitch arms my main consideration would be how many of my implements had a pto shaft and how often I would be attaching and detaching the pto's.
When I have a quick hitch on a tractor I have difficulty getting in to connect the ptos, that is physically getting my head and shoulders in that space to connect the ptos.
If most of my work was non pto and I have a hydraulic toplink then quick hitches are nice.
Using ptos nope, I'd rather not have that frame in my way.

/ Question about Pat's Easy Change #15  
I like the Pat's system, after a bit of a frustrating learning curve.
Lessons learned using Pat's:

- Make sure the bolts that hold them in place on lift arms are the hardest grade you can find. They may have improved the ones they supply now, otherwise, toss theirs out. The ones they supplied with mine had no grade markings and bent within hours of use.

- Don't use their lynch pin washers that have the "right angle" bent into them. Yes, the washer on the implement's pins is held out of the way when you're connecting (nice), but the lynch pin can find its way to pop "through" under the right conditions when using implement. Not fun when 1/2 of your 7 foot mower has come unhooked when your on a 25% bank.

-Get the optional adjustable spacer bar, or make one, two, etc.. to hold lift arms at correct width when connecting to implements.

- If you're going to use them for a variety of attachments (of various widths) and not modify implements (like you would have to with a quick hitch), re-adjust the Pat's so that they stay parallel with the tractor, and a right angle to implement's pins (that is: If you bring the tractor's lift arms closer together for a narrower implement, the Pats are now pointed in towards each other. Seeing how Pat's and quick hitches have no ball bushings like a lift arm, being non-perpendicular to lift pins will put extra force on the weak adjustment bolts they may send you. )

/ Question about Pat's Easy Change #16  
Pats system allows the two lower links to connect easily similar to a quick hitch. The difference in the pats system is that you can vary the width of the arms for different width attachments.

I would recommend getting the Pats spreader bar to hold the lift arms apart. Makes connection to implement much easier

The spreader bar is supposed to come with Pat's because it IS part of the system. Without it you have no control over the width of the hooks as you back into the implements. ASC has them and at a good price WITH the required spreader bar.

None of my 3 pt implements are the same width. The fixed dimension quick hitch that some folks sell for $99.99 won't work for me.

/ Question about Pat's Easy Change #17  
Pat's system is cumbersome and obsolete once you try a quality quick hitch system

/ Question about Pat's Easy Change #18  
The spreader bar is supposed to come with Pat's because it IS part of the system. Without it you have no control over the width of the hooks as you back into the implements. ASC has them and at a good price WITH the required spreader bar.

None of my 3 pt implements are the same width. The fixed dimension quick hitch that some folks sell for $99.99 won't work for me.

You modify your implements ONCE to fit QH and life is good forever.... A QH is no more than a PATS with a solid yoke....

Dale

/ Question about Pat's Easy Change #19  
You modify your implements ONCE to fit QH and life is good forever.... A QH is no more than a PATS with a solid yoke....

Dale

^^^^ This.

I've had a JD iMatch 3PH quickhitch on my 4105 since I bought it in '13. All of the 3PH implements that came with it fit with the provided bushings.

I got (actually received) a JD iMatch compatible ballast box which didn't quite fit... until I purchased a pair of extended bushings = perfect fit.

Other manufacturer, Cat 1, implements bought (ballast roller, landscape rake) fit, with bushings, but required an extender for the top. They all fit now and I can simply (procedure-wise) swap between them... even the ones that are PTO operated.

/ Question about Pat's Easy Change #20