Question on bleeding fuel system Ford 10 series

/ Question on bleeding fuel system Ford 10 series
Yeah it’s strange I normally don’t have issue but I always end up needing to bleed out injectors which takes a little extra time. This time something is different though like air is being pulled in somewhere. I’m wondering if maybe the rubber seals on the filter are leaking in air but you would think I would see fuel leaking to which I don’t.

/ Question on bleeding fuel system Ford 10 series #22  
Are you placing the upper filter gasket in the groove in the filter head, or inside the rim of the filter?

Inside the filter head.

I’m going to take everything apart again tomorrow on the filters. I had to reuse a oring on the water separator as the new fuel filter only came with 2 big o rings so thinking maybe that one is the issue. Problem has to be with the seal of one of those o rings.

Well got’er back running this morning. It ended up being the older O-ring in the water separator. Thanks for the help and RickB I’m going to retry your procedure on my other 3910 tomorrow. I think this is the same process my cousin use to do before he passed last year. I know for sure it saves time and feel certain it will work perfectly next go around. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

/ Question on bleeding fuel system Ford 10 series #26  
Are you placing the upper filter gasket in the groove in the filter head, or inside the rim of the filter?

Thank you RickB...The O ring MUST be put into the upper part ( the casting ) AND NOT on top of the filter ( as I did ) it goes into a groove/raceway of sorts and stretches a little bit to stay in place...
Your tip got my tractor running again ..

I also used the procedure you outlined in your 5/15/2017 post ( I think it will show up on page one of this thread ) It basically adds a little information that doesnt seem to appear other places. Like when you bleed the injector pump you see diesel come out then you don't see diesel ( air comes out at this point ) then you see diesel come out again...I did all of your methods and my tractor eventually came alive again....Thank you..Thank You for these tips.

I hope others can also benefit from your information.

If anyone has the time to read about my ordeal it is as follows....

My 4610 had a problem with the Bendix unit not always engaging the flywheel...it was sticking..so to remove the starter I had to remove the fuel filters and because I also have a loader on the tractor it was not an easy task.
anyhow the starter was repaired ( I think ) and since the fuel filter was already off I thought I might as well replace it with a new one ( part#83937061) the dealer gave me ( part#84535312 ) which looked different but I installed it and it leaked real bad.
so thinking the dealer gave me a wrong replacement I installed the original one and it did NOT leak..BUT in both cases I put the O ring on top of the filter because it seemed like a NO BRAINER to do that..AND there was no fuel leaking anymore.
Renember though that the loader frame was in the way AND I had put the O ring on top of the filter...
So my assumption was that I only needed to BLEED the air from the whole system..
The tractor would run for a minute to a minute and a half 3 or 4 times,,,my battery needed a lot of charging to keep up with my cranking attempts to bleed the air many many times.
Then I came across RickB's posts here and now my tractor is once again running.
I think what I was fighting all the time was this O ring NOT INSTALLED into the upper casting,,,that was letting air into the injector pump and the injectors...What had me fooled though was NO FUEL was leaking out of the filter..
By the way the filter the dealer gave me WAS the correct one AND it was installed again WHEN I put the O ring into the top of the casting...
I cannot thank you enough RickB for taking the time to share your information with all of us on the web.
I hope your information AND my experience will help someone else
Thank you Again

/ Question on bleeding fuel system Ford 10 series #27  
The trick with 10 serias engins is to pull the stopcable before opening the fuelsisteme. Then air can not bleed into it !