Question on Cultipacker For Sale

/ Question on Cultipacker For Sale #1  
Tractor
Kubota MX5800
I have been looking for a cultipacker on Craigslist for a couple years now and have not had any luck. Used ones seem to be rare or prices extraordinarily high. This one popped up for sale today and I was wondering if it was a decent one and if it was worth the $475 they want for it. Normally I see them around the $1000 range but they also aren't quite as old. I don't need something super nice I just need something to do the job. It would be just for reseeding my pasture and hayfield every now and again. I noticed the wood hitch seems a little wonky. Another question I have is what is the advantages/disadvantages to this one being a double roller. Most of the ones I see for sale are single roller. Thanks in advance.

Cultipacker.jpg

/ Question on Cultipacker For Sale #2  
The picture/growth around the cultipacker is very difficult to see ant detail. Because of that lack of detail, I question 1) is it a dual roller or is it sitting with another. 2)is there an issue with the connection/bearings on the right side if the photo. 3)as you mentioned the hitch board looks less than ready to work.
My last point is will a pull (always in ground contact) meet your needs? Or do you have the tools and skills to convert it to a 3PH?

/ Question on Cultipacker For Sale #3  
I have been looking for a cultipacker on Craigslist for a couple years now and have not had any luck. Used ones seem to be rare or prices extraordinarily high. This one popped up for sale today and I was wondering if it was a decent one and if it was worth the $475 they want for it. Normally I see them around the $1000 range but they also aren't quite as old. I don't need something super nice I just need something to do the job. It would be just for reseeding my pasture and hayfield every now and again. I noticed the wood hitch seems a little wonky. Another question I have is what is the advantages/disadvantages to this one being a double roller. Most of the ones I see for sale are single roller. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 666123

I do not really need one but I would give $500 in a heart beat if the boxing is highly worn but entack and frame not broken. It is way old I expect because it may have been horse drawn at some point a 100 years ago. :)

Most when for scrap to China when scrap got so high in price.

/ Question on Cultipacker For Sale #4  
Agree if it will spin n bearings etc look good ,thats a great price . Any body with metal , steel skills depending on lenght which you don't state , and width etc could make two out of the one and sell one . I think you might be correct Mr Gale at one time that might of been pulled by a horse or a "HEN PECKED " husband ! Of course we don't have any of those here on TBN ! :laughing:

/ Question on Cultipacker For Sale
It is for sale only a few miles from my house. I might go look at it tomorrow; the picture is from the seller as I have not been there. Just to be clear, when I go look at it, there is only bearings on the ends, correct? Each individual wheel does not have bearings and kind of free floats. I thought the price seemed pretty good that is why I asked you guys about it. I am not that worried about the hitch because I could easily remake that out of wood or metal.

/ Question on Cultipacker For Sale #6  
I would grab it , ilooked for yrs also before finding one. If that is two seperate peices get both and fix up and sell one, get your money back. Mine still has the old wooden bearings and they are still available i think at agri supply. My cultipacker has improved my food plots greatly.

/ Question on Cultipacker For Sale #7  
A lot of the old ones had wooden bearings.I found some on the internet a few years.Buy it,you can always repair it as needed.

The seller sent some additional pictures. It does look to use wood blocks for bearings but they don't look like anything complex. Almost looks like a 4x4.

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

/ Question on Cultipacker For Sale #9  
Nice find. But just for the record that isn’t a cultipacker. It’s just a double row /roll packer.

A Cultipacker(John Deere) or the more popular Pulvimucher (Brillion) have a row or two of tines in the middle.

Big Barn, do they have the same intended uses?