Question On PTO Speeds...

/ Question On PTO Speeds... #11  
On the Kubota's that we've owned (5), the hour meter goes off of the PTO speed. In other words, If 540 PTO speed is obtained at 2600 engine rpm and your engine is running 1300 rpm's, the hour meter will show .5 hours for every hour run. If your engine is running at 2600 rpm's, the hour meter will show 1.0 hours for every hour run.

/ Question On PTO Speeds... #12  
I think different tractors are wired differently. I know there are some out there that run the hour meter faster depending on engine speed. Mine runs by the clock. I once left the key on by accident while the tractor sat for most of a month. My hour meter ran over 400 hours before I caught it.

/ Question On PTO Speeds... #13  
I believe the hour meters are designed to run at an avg of 12v, So therefore, an hour is an hour. If the hour meter is getting more voltage say at 13.2 v, then it might display more time than real time. Unless there is a voltage control regulator in the meter circuit.

If someone wants to try it, connect a 12v hour meter to a 6v battery and see if it reads 30 min in an hour of real time. It might not run at all.