Ballast Question on top link and rear ballast box

/ Question on top link and rear ballast box #1  

surfran

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1800
Does anyone have a rear ballast box with their BX1800 or BX2200? I just installed mine and it appears the top link is too long as the unit does not sit up straight if the top link is attached. I am attaching a photo with it attached and then will follow one without. Do I need a different top link?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Attachments

• 252690-P4070001.JPG
    252690-P4070001.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 366
   / Question on top link and rear ballast box
And here is it with the top link disconnected and the box sitting on the floor level.

Attachments

• 252691-P4070003.JPG
    252691-P4070003.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 286
   / Question on top link and rear ballast box #3  
From the looks of your photo's, you already have your top link shortened thread wise as far as it will go. My knowledge of top links is pretty minimal and I don't know if they make differant length ones, but they must and it sure looks like a shorter ones is in order here.
Good luck.

/ Question on top link and rear ballast box #4  
Hi.....

You might have the older top link? The female part of my top link measures 10and3/4 inches. I can't screw it in all the way and measure it cause its on the tractor with the blade and outside. Hope this helps. George

/ Question on top link and rear ballast box
Mark and George,

Thanks for the replies. I am new to 3-point hitches, so I wanted to see if maybe I was missing something, but you confirmed that I wasn't. I will check into options when I talk to the dealer tomorrow.

/ Question on top link and rear ballast box #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks for the replies. I am new to 3-point hitches, so I wanted to see if maybe I was missing something, but you confirmed that I wasn't. I will check into options when I talk to the dealer tomorrow.
)</font>

Please let us know what he says. I just bought the ballast box to go on my BX2200 but haven't picked it up yet so I'm keen to see how you make out.

/ Question on top link and rear ballast box #7  
What happens if you lengthen the lift arm turnbuckles?

/ Question on top link and rear ballast box #8  
Good Morning:
I have the same ballast box and it is square and plumb on my 2200. My top link looks a bit different.

/ Question on top link and rear ballast box #9  
You have a longer top link than I do mine sits square on the ground with a slight forward lean when fully raised. If you want to poke though a couple a pics go to my Yahoo acc. I can't attach pics from work sorry other wise i'll attach one tonight.
toy pics

hope it helps

cheers
Tony