Questions about 1026R

/ Questions about 1026R #1  

etcallhome

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 1026R
Thanks in advance for all replies..
Just wondering the other evening while sitting on 1026R at dealers I think I seen a true temp gauge (not a idiot light) in the dash.
Then after getting home and looking a JD papers it looks like a guage on there photos. So to the owners of the 1026R my question to you ,,is there really a temp guage ???
Also reading some of the forums someone said remember front axle on 1 Series was using hyd fluid in front axle,,not Gear OIL ..Is that the reason for the extra amount of hyd fluid over the 2305 capacity.

Just wondering since mine won't be here till Hopefully next week..If not OH well

Thanks

/ Questions about 1026R #2  
Edited...

/ Questions about 1026R #3  
yes there is a temp gauge. I think the trans fluid difference is probably because of the oil cooler and lines. the front axle capacity is listed seperately

/ Questions about 1026R #4  
Mine has a temperature gauge and the transaxle has the Low Vis Hygard in it.

/ Questions about 1026R
Thanks ,,, After 10 yrs of only a idiot light ,gauge will seem odd. Will have to start paying a little more attention to dash.

/ Questions about 1026R #6  
Thanks in advance for all replies..
Just wondering the other evening while sitting on 1026R at dealers I think I seen a true temp gauge (not a idiot light) in the dash.
Then after getting home and looking a JD papers it looks like a guage on there photos. So to the owners of the 1026R my question to you ,,is there really a temp guage ???
Also reading some of the forums someone said remember front axle on 1 Series was using hyd fluid in front axle,,not Gear OIL ..Is that the reason for the extra amount of hyd fluid over the 2305 capacity.

Just wondering since mine won't be here till Hopefully next week..If not OH well

Thanks

Yep, temp guage! Wish my old 2210 had one in this hot weather.
Hyd fluid difference; the 1023/1026 has an all new hydro case, different from the 2210/2305.