Questions about purchasing a skid steer

/ Questions about purchasing a skid steer #21  
Check out this one that we have: Tree Terminator Rotary Mower
P7210010.JPG

Or: Tree Terminator Slasher
1631295726792.png

/ Questions about purchasing a skid steer
I don't know. We have two new ones. There was two old ones. I didn't pay attention to the brand.
The reason I was asking was I am looking at the MTL- XC brush cutter and was just curious what you all were running.

/ Questions about purchasing a skid steer
   / Questions about purchasing a skid steer #25  
Thanks for all of your input, I am retiring at the end of the month and have been looking at auctions and realized it's probably going to run me somewhere between 30 and 50k to get a solid used tracked skid steer with an enclosed cab and hi-flow option, I would prefer a John Deere or a Caterpillar because of local dealer network within 10 miles of me, also if I understand it right if I stay with a machine under 75 hp it won't have DEF fluid which is a big plus to me and while I realize they will probably have some sort of emission BS, particulate filter etc it shouldn't be as bad as the 100 hp rigs with full blown emissions. One thing I have realized is they are expensive, you can buy a used backhoe and a small tracked digger for less than a skid steer, but they seem to be very versatile, again I appreciate all the information that you gave, it should help me make a more informed decision. Charlie.
Correct, under 75 hp no DPF or DEF. In my area (Western CO), for $20k I can get mid-sized wheeled machines with between 900 and 2500 hours. For $30k, I can get a low hours (e.g., 500 hrs) machine w/ a cab and heat/ac. All these machines are 10-20 years old. I'm torn, b/c although the machines have relatively low hours, they are older and seals, hoses, etc. start to wear out. I've been using equipmenttrader.com, machinerytrader.com, craig's list and facebook market place to do my searching. Good skid steers move fast around here.

/ Questions about purchasing a skid steer #26  
Thirty five years ago I realized - there is no such thing as used agri or industrial equipment here in Ea WA state. At least, not the Category/Class 2 size.

Two years ago I became interested in a Telehandler. Looking at Bobcat. The V519. My interest waned when I learned the price of a new unit.

/ Questions about purchasing a skid steer #27  
Thirty five years ago I realized - there is no such thing as used agri or industrial equipment here in Ea WA state. At least, not the Category/Class 2 size.

Two years ago I became interested in a Telehandler. Looking at Bobcat. The V519. My interest waned when I learned the price of a new unit.
If you don't mind me asking, what price did you get on a new one? I'm debating between a skid or a 519 myself.

/ Questions about purchasing a skid steer #28  
As I remember - right around $90,000. That was the bare unit price. Contrary to 90% of dealers - the local Bobcat dealer listed prices on their web site.

I even went to the local dealer and drove a 519 around. Totally awesome unit ............ I slobbered all over myself but just too much $$$ for me.

/ Questions about purchasing a skid steer #30  
Get the compact telehandler, muchly gooder-un.

Check out the V519 thread: V519 Compact Telehandler
I'm going to call the dealer Monday morning. If they have one, the price will probably be more than I want to spend. If it's $90k, that's enough for me to buy a skid and a bigger tractor. Just not worth that much more for me.