Quick attach issues on an RX7320

/ Quick attach issues on an RX7320 #1  
Tractor
busted NH TC48DA
All,

I recently bought a Kioti RX7320 cab tractor. So far I am fairly happy with it. But I have had a few problems with the quick attach system coming detached from my attachments. This has happened 3 times now. The first time it happened was when I was using the grapple to pull my dead tractor (see general buying guide "looking for another tractor" for the story behind that), with a chain attached to the front end loader of my old tractor and to the grapple on my RX7320. The grapple came completely off and ripped out the hydraulic lines for the grapple. The second time was when I was using the grapple trying to pick up some brush and limbs with the grapple. I was trying to pick up vertically, having the grapple turned down, and when trying to get as much material in the grapple it became detached from the quick attach. The third time was earlier today while using the mini tree shear. After having cut a tree (or so I thought), while backing out while still gripping the tree the tree shear came detached. In all three cases the latching handles on the quick attach were still in the locked position after detachment, and prior to use the sliding pins at the bottom of the quick attach were locked in the attachment's slots on the bottom. Any ideas as to the cause? I can provide pictures if needed.

Senile Texas Aggie

/ Quick attach issues on an RX7320 #2  
Pictures would be helpful.
Somethings not right, once locked down I couldn't knock my bucket, forks or snow plow off my QA if I tried.

/ Quick attach issues on an RX7320
Here are some pictures of the quick attach, both with a tree shear attached and without:

With tree shear attachment

top view, fully engaged: 20200706_092338_engaged_top_view.jpg

top view, partially engaged: 20200706_092357_partially_engaged_top_view.jpg

top view, disengaged: 20200706_092408_disengaged_top_view.jpg

bottom view, engaged: 20200706_092951_engaged_bottom_view_with_implement.jpg

In comparison, here is my old tractor's quick attach engaged, no implement. (Sorry about the grass.) 20200706_143656_old_tractor_engaged_bottom_view_no_implement.jpg

No attachment present

bottom view, engaged: 20200706_143007_engaged_bottom_view_no_implement.jpg

Some pictures of the quick attach after the tree shear detached from the quick attach

cutting small tree at ground level: 20200706_112325_pulled_loose_tree_on_ground.jpg20200706_112325_pulled_loose_tree_on_ground.jpg

cutting limb well above ground: 20200706_134959_pulled_loose_tree_limb.jpg

Any help will be great appreciated.

Senile Texas Aggie

/ Quick attach issues on an RX7320 #4  
THE PIN IN PIC 4 DOSEN'T SEEM TO BE FULLY ENGAGED. THE ATTACHMENT IS UP AGAINST THE TAPER ON THE PIN. WITH ENOUGH PRESSURE THIS MIGHT FORCE THE PIN UP ALLOWING FOR DISENGAGEMENT. SLOT IN HANDLE WILL LET THE PIN MOVE UP ENOUGH TO COME OFF. SINCE THIS HAPPENS WITH DIFFERENT ATTACHMENTS, THERE NEED TO BE SOME ADJUSTMENT TO ALLOW THE PIN TO FULLY INGAGE AT THE BOTTOM. IMHO

/ Quick attach issues on an RX7320 #5  
I agree. The Quick Attach pin is coming through the slot, but not nearly as far as mine. I suspect your latch is not locking fully into position, and its popping out as you use it. And your using the attachments mainly for pulling....which encourages the not fully locked attachment to pop out. Your photos show no damage that I could see.

I would attach a simple loader bucket, fully lock your QA latches, and then measure the length of the pins, exposed below the slot. This should be the proper length of exposed pin for each attachment you use. I would bet it's not the same for your grapple.

/ Quick attach issues on an RX7320 #6  
In your 4th picture with the pin just being half way or less into the slot,
and then with I believe your 6th picture, the one with the implement in front of the SSQA.
I see possible explanations why you are pulling free;
You have a 70 hp tractor which has the capability of putting a lot of stress on what is actually a kind of light duty hitch system.
Looking at pic 4 you could add some flat stock to the top of the implement slot which would put more material higher on the tapered pin.
Also you could be flexing the upper implement mount, going in and adding gussets just inside of your mounting plates would eliminate any issue with the top separating.
Alternatively if the pin is being held up because the slot isn't deep enough and the pin will travel down lower or can be adjusted to drive lower.
In the 6th picture the implement bottom mount looks like it may have been flexing and could use some beefing up.

Many of the ag tractors just a bit larger are equipped with a Euro quick hitch which is a sturdier hitch.

/ Quick attach issues on an RX7320 #7  
Senile Texas Aggie.
I am following up on a post you made nearly a year ago. I recently purchased a Kioti CK3510 from my retiring neighbor. We have added 3rd function hydraulics and our grapple arrived this week.
My son-in-law and I have both experienced the grapple dropping off of the quick attach.
Have you solved the issue, and if so, how?
Thank you.

/ Quick attach issues on an RX7320 #8  
All,

I recently bought a Kioti RX7320 cab tractor. So far I am fairly happy with it. But I have had a few problems with the quick attach system coming detached from my attachments. This has happened 3 times now. The first time it happened was when I was using the grapple to pull my dead tractor (see general buying guide "looking for another tractor" for the story behind that), with a chain attached to the front end loader of my old tractor and to the grapple on my RX7320. The grapple came completely off and ripped out the hydraulic lines for the grapple. The second time was when I was using the grapple trying to pick up some brush and limbs with the grapple. I was trying to pick up vertically, having the grapple turned down, and when trying to get as much material in the grapple it became detached from the quick attach. The third time was earlier today while using the mini tree shear. After having cut a tree (or so I thought), while backing out while still gripping the tree the tree shear came detached. In all three cases the latching handles on the quick attach were still in the locked position after detachment, and prior to use the sliding pins at the bottom of the quick attach were locked in the attachment's slots on the bottom. Any ideas as to the cause? I can provide pictures if needed.

Senile Texas Aggie
There is a recall on this issue. I just received a notice in the mail from Kioti. It said as a Mandatory product upgrade, Kioti is providing a replacement to the Quick ATtach assembly on all Kl7320 loaders WITH IN THE SERIAL RANGE 201101033-2107021120 210120211-210520343

Last edited:
   / Quick attach issues on an RX7320 #9  
There is a recall on this issue. I just received a notice in the mail from Kioti. It said as a Mandatory product upgrade, Kioti is providing a replacement to the Quick ATtach assembly on all Kl7320 loaders WITH IN THE SERIAL RANGE 201101033-2107021120 210120211-210520343
Hope this helps