Quick Attach Weld-On Plate Size

/ Quick Attach Weld-On Plate Size #1  

JohnnyMX

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5200
Looking around at the various companies that sell these weld-on quick attach adapters so I can weld my used quick hitch to it. It will be for moving implements around with the heaviest work may be putting the landscape rake on to pull stuff out of ditches and possibly for pushing some fresh snowbanks back. Each has decent reviews, but the Vevor seems hit-or-miss. Each one had at least one issue of someone complaining about fitment. Hoping this is an out-of-the-box solution and I don't need to end up cutting/grinding this portion as I'll have enough of that fitting the quick hitch and adding some rollback angle.

Here were my top4 options:

EA Plate is 3/8" grade 50 = 399 (sale) Heavy Duty Universal Quick Attach Adapter Plate ((Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure))

Titan 3/8" grade 50 = 269 Amazon.com: Titan Attachments 3/8in Universal Quick Tach Mount Plate, Thick Plate Attachment, Fits Kubota and Bobcat Skid Steers and Tractors : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Amazon (Ecotric) 1/2" grade 50 = 182 Amazon.com: New 1/2" Skid Steer Mount Plate Quick Tach Attachment Loader Plate Compatible with Bobcat Kubota, with One Year Warranty : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Vevor 1/2" grade not specified = 175 + 10% off so 158 Amazon.com : VEVOR Skid Steer Mount Plate Thick Skid Steer Attachment Plate Steel Quick Attachment Loader Plate with 3 Additional Welding Rods Easy to Weld or Bolt to Different Accessories (1/4") : Patio, Lawn & Garden

/ Quick Attach Weld-On Plate Size
Sure did. That's why I'm trying to figure out if one that is double is worth it or if I take a shot on the lower one and realize I may need to spend some time fixing or adding some welds. Time=Money, which one ya got ;) I feel like I'm asking that question to myself a lot these days.

/ Quick Attach Weld-On Plate Size #4  
The 1/2" thick one for the lowest price ..... that sure is tempting!

/ Quick Attach Weld-On Plate Size
The 1/2" thick one for the lowest price ..... that sure is tempting!
That is sort of where my brain is heading since I need to question every penny these days. I have a grinder and a welder so if I have to make something work I can. I won't want to when/if it happens, but I don't think I can justify double the cost of this one for the uses I have in mind. These used to be priced as a jump-start to a project and now feel like an implement for just the plate. I do find it funny that some of the ads on Amazon show people using the bare plate to just plow snow :) which makes me question if the people selling these know what people use them for.

/ Quick Attach Weld-On Plate Size #6  
The people making these plates may never have operated a tractor.

/ Quick Attach Weld-On Plate Size #7  
Pushing snow with the empty plate 😂

I mean, if its all i had id try i guess!

Yeah it wasn’t too far back the cheapest ssqa plate was down around $100. Now it seems like $150 is rock bottom.