Quick Disconnect That's Not So Quick

/ Quick Disconnect That's Not So Quick #1  

Poopdeck Pappy

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK50SE Cab, Kubota BX23, Kubota BX2660, Grasshopper 729BT
Hello. I've got a grapple on my FEL on my Kioti. It's been there since I bought the tractor several months ago. I finally had a need to remove the grapple but couldn't get one of the QD's disconnected.

The QD's on the grapple are different from the ones on the rear of the tractor. The ones on the rear are the typical ones I'm familiar with; i.e., you push in on the collar on the female part and pull the male part out.

The ones on the grapple are the type where you push the male part in and then just pull it out quickly. But one of them simply won't let go and disconnect. I'm looking for tips on how to get it to let loose.

Here's a pic of the the QDs I'm talking about.

Full%20Size%20%28Screen%20Sharpen%29%20DSC-1000444-L.jpg

/ Quick Disconnect That's Not So Quick #2  
Have you relieved all residual pressure?

/ Quick Disconnect That's Not So Quick #3  
Those are called breakaway couplers. The trick is to push in hard then yank them out, all in one fluid motion.

/ Quick Disconnect That's Not So Quick
Have you relieved all residual pressure?

Yes, I have. One of the male couplers comes out easy just like it's supposed to. The other one is being extremely stubborn.

/ Quick Disconnect That's Not So Quick
Those are called breakaway couplers. The trick is to push in hard then yank them out, all in one fluid motion.

I'll eat my Wheaties and give it another go.

/ Quick Disconnect That's Not So Quick #6  
I know mine like to freeze in cold weather, ice gets in around the coupler balls, a few minutes with a heat gun usually does the trick. Disregard if your not I a cold climate but its gotten to the point where I now wrap mine with plastic to keep the moisture out.