quick hitch cat 1 for cat 2 tractor

/ quick hitch cat 1 for cat 2 tractor #1  

Mallard1

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320
Is there a quick hitch that will fit cat 1 implements that will fit on a cat 2 tractor. My Imatch is only 1-3/8 wide where the lift arms fit and my new holland tractors have cat 2 lift arms that have 1-3/4 wide lift bushings. I don't want a cat 2 width quick hitch as the cat 1 quick hitch will fit all of the cat 1-2 implements as well as the cat 1 only stuff. I have looked around but haven't found anything.

/ quick hitch cat 1 for cat 2 tractor #2  
EA49D914-187F-416B-81E0-E94399ECE51F.jpegI have extendable lift arm ends so they were easy to take off. I used a cat 1 to 2 bushing clamped in my vice and was able to rig up my ball ends on the bushing to hold them square. I ground some off each side with a 7 grinder.
Used cat 1 to 2 lift arm bushings and installed as normal.

/ quick hitch cat 1 for cat 2 tractor #3  
Some cat 1 quick hitches will have enough space between the mounting ears for a cat 2 lift arm.

/ quick hitch cat 1 for cat 2 tractor
View attachment 666546I have extendable lift arm ends so they were easy to take off. I used a cat 1 to 2 bushing clamped in my vice and was able to rig up my ball ends on the bushing to hold them square. I ground some off each side with a 7 grinder.

Thanks, both tractors have the extendable lift arms so I can do the same, I just hate to grind on the tractor lift arms if i can find one that will fit.

View attachment 666546I have extendable lift arm ends so they were easy to take off. I used a cat 1 to 2 bushing clamped in my vice and was able to rig up my ball ends on the bushing to hold them square. I ground some off each side with a 7 grinder.

Thanks, both tractors have the extendable lift arms so I can do the same, I just hate to grind on the tractor lift arms if i can find one that will fit.

Some cat 1 quick hitches will have enough space between the mounting ears for a cat 2 lift arm.
This is what I am looking for, do you know whose is like this?

/ quick hitch cat 1 for cat 2 tractor #7  
Just to be clear, you are only grinding each side of the ball itself, not on the arm. Grind them flat and parallel, you don't have to take much off.
I could not find a cat 1 quick hitch from any of the usual suspects with enough clearance to fit a cat 2 ball.

I have to give it to John Deere on this one, my 5105 has cat 2 lift arm balls that are narrow enough to fit a cat one quick hitch.

Just to be clear, you are only grinding each side of the ball itself, not on the arm. Grind them flat and parallel, you don't have to take much off.
I could not find a cat 1 quick hitch from any of the usual suspects with enough clearance to fit a cat 2 ball.

I have to give it to John Deere on this one, my 5105 has cat 2 lift arm balls that are narrow enough to fit a cat one quick hitch.

when I rough measured both the NH t4020 and Workmaster 55 both them are 1-3/4" through the ball. the Imatch that came with me JD4320 is only 1-3/8 wide so i'd have to take 3/8" of the ball, that just seems like a lot, I was hoping someone made one with a little wider slot.

/ quick hitch cat 1 for cat 2 tractor #9  
I have a land pride qh15 and while it works great there's other options that might work better. If I were going to by one again, I'd look closely at "Pat's quick hitch". There's a pretty good video on YouTube from tractor Mike. I had to buy bushings for my cat 1 stuff to make it fit better.

/ quick hitch cat 1 for cat 2 tractor #10  
The lift arms may be designed to have replaceable balls, if so get cat 1 balls for lift arms.