Quick Hitches Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks

/ Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks #11  
The pain of that setup is hooking up my toplink. It's also the same reason a QH is miles better than any of the other ideas, at least for me. With a QH you don't have a toplink to hook up. If I connect to something not QH compatible it takes me several tries to get the toplink pin aligned.
Have you ever used the hook and ball setup?
Very few people that I know of that have tried the hooks prefer a so called quick hitch.

/ Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks #12  
Very few people that I know of that have tried the hooks prefer a so called quick hitch.
A Quick Hitch works if all your attachments are the same width. My neighbor has one on his Yanmar and loves it. My collection of stuff is not all the same width.
I ordered the Pats Easy Hitch BEFORE I learned about the European ball type. Which is superior but requires cutting and welding the drag links. The Pat's was easy to install and I made a couple of plates the extend the tractor side mount.
So Pat's may not be the best alternative but it sure beats the old fashion hook ups.

/ Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks #13  
I've never used it because it requires you to have to hook up a toplink. Have you ever tried to hook up a hydraulic toplink on a cab tractor by yourself? It's not easy. There is nothing at all that could possibly be easier than hooking an implement up with a quick hitch. Back into it lift the lift up and go. There is no other system that is that easy, period. If I have to get off the tractor to hook up the toplink then I might as well not use any of the devices because mine is really not that bad with the telescopic lift arms I have. The toplink is the real issue.

/ Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks #14  
I see some tractors (TYM) offering a remote toplink control. I have an open station so reaching the control is not a problem. I've looked at adding a rear lever but there is so much crap in the way... So to each their own. Pat's Quick Hitch may not be the very best but it sure is working good for me. 150 hrs on them last year with many many attachment changes of varying widths.

/ Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks #15  
I've never used it because it requires you to have to hook up a toplink. Have you ever tried to hook up a hydraulic toplink on a cab tractor by yourself? It's not easy. There is nothing at all that could possibly be easier than hooking an implement up with a quick hitch. Back into it lift the lift up and go. There is no other system that is that easy, period. If I have to get off the tractor to hook up the toplink then I might as well not use any of the devices because mine is really not that bad with the telescopic lift arms I have. The toplink is the real issue.
Yes, I routinely hookup hydraulic top links from my cab tractors as well as my open station tractor.
At this time one of my hydraulic top links has a "hook" coupler, one is a conventional hydraulic type.
I have no problem connecting either of them.
I have used standard 3 point connections, tractors with the extendable lower arms and conventional quick hitches, in my opinion and having used these on various tractors open station and cabed in my mind there is no doubt that the Euro hooks are much nicer then a so called "quick" hitch.

This one with the "hook" is a piece of cake. Open the window extend or retract the hydraulics drop the hook and I'm connected.
bare hooks unlatched.jpg

/ Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks #16  
If you never get off the tractor, does it make the pto powered stuff kinda useless? ;)

/ Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks
Thanks D&D
Here is some pictures of my Homemade Wood grapple.
IMG_20200307_153520.jpg

IMG_20181128_144311.jpg

I can use it with my leveling drag
IMG_20211231_134238.jpg

Here is use of MY EURO HOOKS

I think the Top Link is not problem after that rope and springs.
Welding Euro Hooks one may need help.
And making linkage from hooks up to
the window one may need help too.
But work is worth the job.
When you come old you understand me.

Last edited:
   / Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks #18  
Yes, I routinely hookup hydraulic top links from my cab tractors as well as my open station tractor.
At this time one of my hydraulic top links has a "hook" coupler, one is a conventional hydraulic type.
I have no problem connecting either of them.
I have used standard 3 point connections, tractors with the extendable lower arms and conventional quick hitches, in my opinion and having used these on various tractors open station and cabed in my mind there is no doubt that the Euro hooks are much nicer then a so called "quick" hitch.

This one with the "hook" is a piece of cake. Open the window extend or retract the hydraulics drop the hook and I'm connected.
The hook would definitely make it easier but without the hook it takes a bit of magic and ingenuity to hook up a hydraulic toplink. It's one of the reasons I bought the right hand door kit for my tractor, Please tell me how you do it with so much ease and with the first try.

/ Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks #19  
If you never get off the tractor, does it make the pto powered stuff kinda useless? ;)
I have a lot of implements that aren't PTO powered but obviously if you have PTO it has to be hooked up. Actually the QH makes it easier because it pushes the implement away from the tractor about 6". But unless you want to spend several thousand on one of those auto devices there's no choice. That said when I do have to hook up PTO I still back up, lift and it's hooked up. 3 minutes hooking up the shaft and you are done. It's the same deal with hydraulic hoses.

/ Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks #20  
I have a lot of implements that aren't PTO powered but obviously if you have PTO it has to be hooked up. Actually the QH makes it easier because it pushes the implement away from the tractor about 6". But unless you want to spend several thousand on one of those auto devices there's no choice. That said when I do have to hook up PTO I still back up, lift and it's hooked up. 3 minutes hooking up the shaft and you are done. It's the same deal with hydraulic hoses.
I bought a PTO quick connect adapter. Should be called an easy connect adapter. Added the 4 inches I needed to compensate for the Quick Hitch on my mower. And it is super easy to connect. Slip it on then turn to align the teeth - pull the spacer and go. I have adapters on both mowers.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 35