Quiet muffler

/ Quiet muffler #11  
As mentioned, intake noise can be considerable but is normally drawn with the cooling air because it is introduced to the tractor in the cleanest area possible. The cooling air sound is more offending yet. The safety standards (governing a tractor in the 430's class) dictate that they pass an operator ear test and sound power test while operating the most offending mower offered. The mower sound masks ALL of the other offending sounds and pretty much dictates the outcome. I don't know what class tractor your Kioti falls into or what you do (belly mower, rotary cutter?) that makes the sound so offensive but I would really think twice about cracking into it to 'improve' sound.

I would replace your ear protection with noise cancelling headphones. They don't clamp hard onto your head and are REALLY effective at reducing constant droning type noises like from your tractor/mower. You can run them without input or listen to music/talk from your phone via bluetooth. I think it will be a cheaper solution in the long run and save you way less headaches. Hope this helps!