Quiet New Years

/ Quiet New Years #1  

Wakey

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere Z915B Zero Turn 54 Deck
At 10 mins before midnight I stepped out on the front porch to take in the celebration. It was dead quiet until 5 minutes prior, I could hear a few explosions from very far away.

Midnight came and hardly anything changed. I’m out in the country and for the last 4.5 years there has been plenty of fireworks and gunshots, but this was eerie.

About 12:10 AM a strong line of showers came rapidly from the South, a fitting end to 2020 lol

Perhaps it was the rain, perhaps people are saving their ammo.

/ Quiet New Years #2  
I also live way out in the country. Nearest neighbor - 4.5 miles. The only sounds I hear, other than local wildlife, a train passing over a mile away - the neighbors fireworks on the 4th. Last night was normal - it was a dead silence.

/ Quiet New Years #3  
I had a quiet evening also, and went to bed around 10:30. So why do I feel like I was out until the wee hours of the morning?

/ Quiet New Years #4  
Made it to midnight... first time in several years. Quiet indeed. Kissed my better half and fell asleep a couple minutes after. Now we all have to get used to writing 21 instead of 20.

/ Quiet New Years #5  
Wifey and I are not party people... Nice, quiet, and early nights for us. But, her being from Pennsylvania, we did have to have a pork roast last night; I skipped the sauerkraut and went for the taters... Happy New Years, guys... let's hope for a good 2021.

/ Quiet New Years #6  
Lot's of fireworks and gunfire leading up to midnight. Not much noise afterwards.

/ Quiet New Years #7  
I celebrated by pouring my nightly 5.5 oz. can of V8 juice into a glass instead of drinking it out of the can. Woo-Hoo.

/ Quiet New Years #8  
I celebrated by pouring my nightly 5.5 oz. can of V8 juice into a glass instead of drinking it out of the can. Woo-Hoo.

Careful, you're living life on the edge!

/ Quiet New Years #9  
I worked last night so was up, almost missed the time changeover though.

Definitely had some fireworks/gunshots, except I was in the city soooo.....

/ Quiet New Years #10  
Wife and I usually fix some finger foods for New Years Eve and have a quiet night together. Its a miracle if she is up past 11 so I usually watch the year in by myself.