R&R Roll Pin on Mower deck.

/ R&R Roll Pin on Mower deck. #1  

TimP

Platinum Member
Tractor
B3000HSDCC
Removing/Reinstalling a Roll Pin.

I have a B3000 with a RCK60-30B(A) belly mower.

The lift linkage portion that hooks to the deck to raise and lower it, has a Roll Pin that looks to be broken in 1/2.

Items in Parts Diagram for the CK60-30BA are Part #290 (Pin Spring) #75599-52532, AND Part #300 (Pin Spring) #75599-52232.

Why are there TWO parts to the spring pin?

I want to replace it before the cutting season. (Very Soon.)

Any suggestions to help remove the remaining part stuck on the linkage?

And suggestions on easiest way ti install the new Roll Pin?

Thanks.

Last edited:
   / R&R Roll Pin on Mower deck. #2  
One fits inside of the other. You drive the outer pin into place and then drive the other pin inside of it. I have seen a few setups like that over the years where they put one spring pin inside of the other. Years ago they would use a rolled pin. Looked like a rolled up piece of paper.

/ R&R Roll Pin on Mower deck. #4  
Take a suitable diameter punch and drive them both out. My Kuhn rotary hay rake uses the same setup actually. I'd replace them with a single roll pin if it was mine.

/ R&R Roll Pin on Mower deck.
One fits inside of the other. You drive the outer pin into place and then drive the other pin inside of it. I have seen a few setups like that over the years where they put one spring pin inside of the other. Years ago they would use a rolled pin. Looked like a rolled up piece of paper.

Yes, this looks so odd. Like one side of the hole has a traditional roll pin pushed into it, but the OTHER side of the hole has a larger type pin shoved into it. Two different pins.

It seems they used the roll pins in a weird way to keep a latch open. It's very difficult to explain.

If I can get to it to take a decent picture, I'll post what appears to be the function of the pin(s).

/ R&R Roll Pin on Mower deck.
Thanks for the help everybody.

/ R&R Roll Pin on Mower deck. #7  
Using a dedicated roll pin punch such as Mayhew makes R&R of roll pins much easier. Roll pin installed inside roll pin was intended to give added strength to original roll pin.
Screenshot 2024-03-27 080829.png

/ R&R Roll Pin on Mower deck. #8  
I actually have a set of Starrett roll pin punches and they were a bit north of 65 bucks but the Mayhew punches work fine. My Kuhn rotary rake on the arm bosses uses the double roll pin setup. If you size the larger one, it will drive the smaller one out at the same time. I believe they do that to insure pin retention, not sure however. When I put them back in, I always apply some Never Seize first and grind a short chamfer on the end as they go on easier that way.