Rail roads and their tracks.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #3,441  
Yep. It's fantastic. Just ignore that it's usually ranked in the top 3 most polluted states in the US.

I would trade some railroad related pollution for jobs and industry along with national security in a heartbeat.

Let’s not be too pollyannish here.
” Polluted” is in the eyes of the one interpreting the word. Which is usually the one in charge of regulating pollution.

An environmentalists today may call something ”polluted” that was considered “clean” 10 years ago.

Last edited:
   / Rail roads and their tracks. #3,442  
Last edited:
   / Rail roads and their tracks.
#3,443  
A few taconite train photos on the Range-BNSF in northern MN.
432415301_122130440318157939_6455543246997852422_n.jpg
433536794_122130440258157939_4937718130781117156_n.jpg

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #3,445  
Here’s an example of what happens when industry is regulated out of existence in your state like here in PA
The top employers are
1. Fed Gov
2. State Gov.

The rest are colleges and drug companies.

Give me the railroads and the steel plants. I’ll be ok with a little pollution.
We've discussed this several times in the past, and derailed (pun intended) several threads in the process.

I've got several paragraphs of reply sitting in my notepad. But per request of the general population, I'll save them for another thread.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #3,446  
   / Rail roads and their tracks. #3,447  
Little blue switch engine at a local grain elevator/farm supply company just west of me a few miles. I can't get close enough to get a good photo. It's just to the right of the silos.
(click to enlarge)

IMG_3707.jpeg

Some rail fan took photos of it here:

The big place to the right is the I/N Tek and I/N Kote plant. They take rolled steel from Indiana Harbor and Burns Habor Cleveland Cliff's plants by rail every day. The Tek plant does continuous cold rolled sheets and the Kote plant does hot-dipped galvanized and electro galvanized sheets for the auto industry. Then they ship it all out by rail when it's done.

Some rail fan has a couple pictures of one of the I/N plant locos. I think there are several.

/ Rail roads and their tracks.
#3,448  
Its sure is nice to keep this thread on RR's and not &^@*!. Here is a "rail & sail" photo now that the shipping season has started. The American Spirt was scheduled to depart its winter layup spot at the pipeline dock (Old Town) earlier today, first to fuel and then load at Two Harbors. The Fraser Shipyards truck parked by her suggests there are still some bugs to work out. Superior, WI - March 20, 2024
433100467_10231565707789130_2617080773272105843_n.jpg

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #3,449  
I like this thread, too.

But the title of the thread is “Railroads and their tracks”. Anyone knows that would include the business of railroads, environmental aspects, economic aspects or anything else related to railroads and their tracks.

Maybe you should have made the title Pictures of railroads and their tracks” if you don’t want to read anything else but pictures?

I mean I like pictures just as much as anyone, but maybe we need to pin something on this thread that states “no talking about anything else but pictures” ArlyA?

Last edited: