rained out!--AGAIN!

/ rained out!--AGAIN! #1  

Sonny580

Platinum Member
Tractor
several kinds and sizes
We got rained out from garden again. this year starting out to be kinda rough!---How are all you getting along with your gardens, and what are you going to plant? thanks; sonny580

/ rained out!--AGAIN! #2  
Least foot snow on our garden site.

/ rained out!--AGAIN! #3  
I don't think it will ever dry out here in the Ohio River Valley, we'll get one or two drying days, then two or three rainy days. Since we normally put transplants in the ground between May 1 through May 15, it looks like we'll be busier than heck if it does dry out later on in the month.
I haven't even been able to spread lime or fertilizer on the garden yet and the greenhouse plants just keep getting bigger.

/ rained out!--AGAIN! #4  
Well, lets see........ where the garden usually is has a pond half the size of a tennis court and about a foot deep water. My mile long driveway has two ponds across it and I keep telling the captain of the ocean liner to quit with the fog horn.

Been here 35 years and have NEVER seen such a wet spring. Mosquitos and wildflowers are loving it. Tractor still sits in its "berth" waiting for things to dry out so I can start my annual projects.

Ranchers who, at first, were so glad to see all this spring rain - great for rangeland grass - are now VERY concerned because they are still having to feed. They can't put their cattle out to pasture - lands are still wet, soggy and would be destroyed if the cattle were put out.

Strange year, so far. Its not the winter snows that have made things so wet - its all the spring rains we have/are getting.

/ rained out!--AGAIN!
And I was thinking we had it rough here ! LOL!!!! ----Sure hope it clears up soon!---I still need to plant 100 pounds of taters, (got 20# in last month, and 30 bunches of onion plants,4,500-5,000 plants, a few peas and fava beans) ---Still need to plow one of the big gardens and 1 smaller one.---Might just have ti till it with the big tiller instead, so I dont end up with big clods!! thanks; sonny580

/ rained out!--AGAIN! #6  
I'm sure it will dry out and I can drill my spring grass seed sometime...

Just in time for the summer drought to kill the sprouts.

I've been working on a road for 6wks. Can't do anything with it, because every time I get a chance to work on it, it rains.

/ rained out!--AGAIN! #7  
My garden has standing water in it. It probably won't dry out until may.

/ rained out!--AGAIN! #9  
The weather has become VERY unpredictable around here. Last year my first motorcycle ride was on the first week of March - this year its going to probably be the middle of May or first week of June. Its the condition of my mile long driveway that dictates when I will be riding. Right now I would need pontoons to get the M/C out to the county road.

/ rained out!--AGAIN! #10  
Really wet here too. Going to spread some lime this weekend, maybe the wet ground will help to activate it. I will try to plant some snow peas [rain peas?] Sunday. Have some plants started in the house, too cold and wet for any real garden prep. Rain coming again Mon. and Tues. and so we wait.................
Bill