rained out!--AGAIN!

/ rained out!--AGAIN! #11  
Looking at the forecast, we've got four days ahead of us with no rain predicted, maybe I can get the cover crop mowed, drop some lime on it and at least get a first pass through the garden with the tiller.
We had frost last night and while I wouldn't put any money on it, I'd bet that we won't have any more frost until late fall.

/ rained out!--AGAIN! #12  
If I tried to till my garden the tractor would sink up to the axles, can't even walk on it without leaving a boot in it. Stuff in the greenhouse is going good, will probably get the tomatoes into the big pots next weekend. While we are getting rain almost every day the sun is getting high enough to put the daytime temps inside to 70-85 degrees.
May need to brush hog the lawn, the mower will handle and even bag when it is wet but I don't like cleaning the green gooey mess afterwards:laughing:.
Definitely ready for warmer and drier conditions.

/ rained out!--AGAIN!
We have had 3 days without rain,---BUT 35 mph wind!!! ---ground today is hard as concrete on top!!!-- Kinda expected that!! lol!!---I see some peas just poking up!!---Fava beans have long sprouts underground but haven't come up yet!---no taters up yet.
High winds are drying the ground up too fast and making it hard!---guess now I will HAVE to hit it with the big tiller!
You guys getting any closer to gardening??? ---I love seeing your posts, it gives a good picture of how different the weather is across the states!!!! thanks; sonny580

/ rained out!--AGAIN! #14  
And I was thinking we had it rough here ! LOL!!!! ----Sure hope it clears up soon!---I still need to plant 100 pounds of taters, (got 20# in last month, and 30 bunches of onion plants,4,500-5,000 plants, a few peas and fava beans) ---Still need to plow one of the big gardens and 1 smaller one.---Might just have ti till it with the big tiller instead, so I dont end up with big clods!! thanks; sonny580

Looks like you are an experienced potato grower. I have a question for you. I planted 4 rows 50 ft. long of russets and norland, last fall I was unable to dig them up because it was always too wet when I had time to dig. Will they be any good if I dig them this spring when it dries out? We had a mild winter but so far spring has been unusually wet.
Thanks,
Bill

/ rained out!--AGAIN! #15  
We are way behind. Weeds have taken over the beds and there seems to be too many other things to do right now. I'm starting to wonder if we will even have a garden this year.

/ rained out!--AGAIN! #16  
Well, it does look pretty wet out here for awhile. And I went through one year where I couldn't plant a garden because it never dried out, hate to think it may happen again, we're scheduled for vacation the first two weeks of June.
Don't know how it would work out, but I'm going to plant a garden if I have to take my shoes off, roll up my pants and stick the transplants down into the mud. Right now I've got a greenhouse full of plants just getting ready, so I'm going to do something with them.

/ rained out!--AGAIN!
Check the spuds and I think you will find them mushy!---NOT positive but I've always heard that frozen spuds are not good to eat. We have found a few that were missed and they kinda looked strange, so we didn't try to use them.---They say that the freeze makes them kinda poison , and since they are also a member of the nightshade family of plants, I wouldn't take a chance on them.

I was out today , after my doc. visit, and cultivated all the onions and spuds again to break the crust and get air to the roots.----ground was medium dry and chomped up good, so got rid of another flush of weeds, (I hope!)----Wind was only 20mph today so I also got a good dose of fert. on the onions!----Had to quit at that point, because ole chest and lower back were screammminn!!!! LOL!!!!

I don't have a usable greenhouse, so we have some cabbage and mater plants here in the house, south window, under a grow light and they are a couple inches tall.----Still about 3 weeks or so before they can go in open ground.---may have to transplant some to bigger single pots.---Usually end up doing that most years due to late bad weather.
This year is going to be a strange year for all of us in our gardens. Keep fingers crossed for the better and stay in touch!!!! thanks; sonny580

/ rained out!--AGAIN!
Well, today the other 100 pounds of spuds went in the ground as did 7 peach trees!---got a quarter acre tilled up and now they say rain after mid-night!---got most of the second biggest garden raked and burned along with some brush that was getting started in the fenceline!
Any of you guys getting any closer to being able to garden yet???? thanks; sonny580

/ rained out!--AGAIN! #19  
Well, today the other 100 pounds of spuds went in the ground as did 7 peach trees!---got a quarter acre tilled up and now they say rain after mid-night!---got most of the second biggest garden raked and burned along with some brush that was getting started in the fenceline!
Any of you guys getting any closer to being able to garden yet???? thanks; sonny580

Not getting any closer, it almost dried out Thur. and Fri. but Sat nite and this morning, rain again. Got some of the red raspberry plants pruned, but need to move them, they are encroaching too far into the garden. Plants started in the house are doing fine, some by a slider, some under a grow light. Normally by this date I would have peas, beets, onion sets, broccoli and other cool weather crops, but it just won't dry out. I know I have plenty of time yet, I just get fired up to get something in the ground. I'll dig up some spuds, don't know if they froze,it was pretty mild this winter. If they look iffy I'll roust them out with my middle buster and toss them. As they say at the scene of the accident, " move along, nothing to see here"
Bill

/ rained out!--AGAIN! #20  
The big pond at the end of my driveway has dropped two inches in the last ten days - has a foot to go before its totally gone. The open rangeland is still soggy/spongy but the ranchers have had to turn their cattle out. They have run out of feed and have no other choice. There are no ticks yet - still too wet for them. The wildflowers - buttercups, grass widows, yellow bells, shooting stars etc, etc - are having a great spring. Unfortunately, so are the mosquitos.

Went out and "troweled" the one wet section of the driveway yesterday. Hope it dries out before I have to drive on it too much. Man, I'm all fired up and ready to go with this years projects - just wish the weather would cooperate.