Ramps

/ Ramps #1  

Sysop

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4035HST purchased 2013 - Husqvarna TS348-D purchased 2019 - Craftsman 42" HST purchased 2003
Has anyone seen any Ramps starting to pop up yet? Where are ya?

/ Ramps #3  
Ha Ramps are good but in a few weeks Fiddleheads will be showing up!
DevilDog

/ Ramps #4  
BAck on the farm, I didn't have to go looking for them the cow's milk let us know immediately :)

Harry K

/ Ramps #5  
Went up on the hill to check a couple of small patches I planted a few years ago. They are doing real good. I dug a couple and ate them including the tops. Man I love those things. I need to go down the hill a couple of miles and dig a big batch in the next couple of weeks to have some to take on a fishing trip. I checked on April first and they weren't even up but they are going full guns now. Always before I would dig a batch and take to a friend on April first, so they are a week or so late this year, we should be getting some morels soon too.
Bill

Last edited:
   / Ramps
I saw my first roadside seller the other day which is why I started this thread.

Mine are going great too, I've got a hillside that's been covered with them as long as has been known. Did you know when you are harvesting them if you cut or snap off the little ball of roots and put back in the ground, that is all you need for more next year? I see a lot of folk selling them with the roots and all still attached which saddens me. I like to keep the original wild patches going.