Ran over deer with mower....ugh.

/ Ran over deer with mower....ugh. #42  
I still remember clearly helping to drag a dead guy out of the river after he had been dead for about 10 days. That was only about ten years ago though. I still can't get why anybody would want to be a Coroner.

/ Ran over deer with mower....ugh. #43  
I used to know a guy that made a living cleaning up crime scenes, dead person found in a house after months and months, deceased pickups for funeral homes, coroner, etc. He was a large man, very dignified, well dressed, clean cut, soft spoken. Very professional. He also provided man power for funeral homes that needed ushers, attendants, drivers, pallbearers. He had his own limo and hearse, too.

He said it gave him great satisfaction knowing he was helping people in a great time of need.

/ Ran over deer with mower....ugh. #44  
I knew two guys who drove a hearse, both from North Carolina. One had to transport a body pulled from a car in a lake a few days. He said although guy was in a body bag, dead for days his body made all these sounds apparently gas, water, ligaments snapping, etc.
Another friend had to transport a body in a casket back to NC from the Midwest so another worker went with him taking turns driving. My friend said he took a nap while other guy drove that night. Other guy picked up a hitch hiker who got in back seat and off they went...friend sound asleep. Finally driver woke my friend up about 6am saying his turn to drive...his turn to nap.
So my friend said he's clipping along when the hitch hiker leans over the seat "hey buddy...how much farther to Raleigh?".
My friend unaware hitch hiker was there drove off road through a farmer's pasture right up to the farmer...jumped out saying "see those two guys? One of them is dead!"

/ Ran over deer with mower....ugh. #45  
I remember one that had not been found for over 10 days. I called the Coroner and told him what we had. He showed up with a pickup truck and said he didn't want the odor in his new vehicle. So we loaded the body in the truck bed and he went immediately to the crematorium.

/ Ran over deer with mower....ugh. #46  
I knew two guys who drove a hearse, both from North Carolina. One had to transport a body pulled from a car in a lake a few days. He said although guy was in a body bag, dead for days his body made all these sounds apparently gas, water, ligaments snapping, etc.
On that note, I spent many years working at airports, and knew many pilots that transported deceased people, taking them home to their final resting place. They said it was fairly common to hear the bodies making noises as they changed altitude.

/ Ran over deer with mower....ugh. #47  
On that note, I spent many years working at airports, and knew many pilots that transported deceased people, taking them home to their final resting place. They said it was fairly common to hear the bodies making noises as they changed altitude.
Probably women getting in the last word. :rolleyes:

/ Ran over deer with mower....ugh. #49  
Brings back old memories. It was eight years ago. A pack of wood rats - seven to be exact - decided to make my out buildings and vehicle their home. Over a two week period I shot or trapped every one of them. Man - were they ever stupid. Not the least bit afraid of humans. Walk right up to them - dispatch with my 22 pistol.

One made a HUGH pine needle nest - right on top of the Jeep air cleaner housing. Sadly - that one bolted and went thru the fan when I started the Jeep. However - while he was still juicy, I was able to hose everything off the engine, fan, radiator, air cleaner - etc, etc.

The one and only time I've ever had rats around here.