Random bucket tilt shutoff

/ Random bucket tilt shutoff #1  

dk8019

Guys, I'm loving my Toolcat but I have a strange issue occurring. When I'm driving and hit a bump, the tilt control locks up and the flashing lock on the dash comes up. It can't be cleared unless I shut it off and restart it.

Any ideas?

/ Random bucket tilt shutoff #2  
is the joystick bouncing around to cause it, could possibly be the arm rest safety try to reproduce it, I know on my a series if the arm was raised it locked up until I reset by shutting it down and restarting

/ Random bucket tilt shutoff #3  
When it comes on, push the "Lift And Tilt Transport Lock" push button on the control panel.

Let us know if that turns it off.

Control Panel.jpg

/ Random bucket tilt shutoff #4  
Hmm...The Lift and Tilt Transport Lock button........."Press to lock out lift and tilt functions when traveling on a road". So many things to learn on these machines.

Also, I read you can lower the arm rest, turn the key on, press and hold the L&TTL button to be able to lower the lift arm without the engine running.

/ Random bucket tilt shutoff
Thanks guys for the first go around of ideas. When this happens, it is typically when moving at higher speeds over uneven terrain. After it occurs, nothing but a shutdown and restart fixes the issue. I can actually hit the off button and then the on button fast enough that the engine doesn't shutdown fully and goes right back to running, clearing the error. Pressing the lock out lift button doesn't clear the error, I do hear a relay click and but the lock remains. The arm rest doesn't seem to impact it, wiring looks good etc.

/ Random bucket tilt shutoff #6  
Next time this happens before pushing the Off button, push and hold the Lights (code) button to see if a code comes up. If a code shows it should give a better idea of where to start looking for either a loose connection or wire vibrating short frame, etc.

Thanks, I'll give that a try!

Thanks, I'll give that a try!

Ok guys, moved a bunch of mulch around this weekend, it started off ok, but as it warmed up in become a constant issue.

The code showing is 18-06, which appears to be - spool lock coil shorted to ground. I'm guessing that means bad wiring or a bad coil. Any idea what the coil PN would be, and where I can find said coil on the machine?

Quick bit of googling suggests it's PN: 6691203

Now it appears it might be accessible through the panel by the passenger seat? Mine is a 2015 model.

/ Random bucket tilt shutoff #10  
Look for mouse chewed bare wires.