Rant - Grease fitting 1626 loader

/ Rant - Grease fitting 1626 loader #1  

mahindra1626

Tractor
mahindra 1626
All this is mostly just a rant because if my mistake. Went to grease my loader on the 1626 and I broke the fitting. No problem I thought I could get a replacement.... This is an odd size and I have yet to find it any any autopart store, general farm/tractor supply store or on Amazon.

When I stopped at the autopart store I used on of there bolt checkers to measure the threads. None fit quite right M14x1.5 was close also the 1/2" was close but they didn't have a thread count that matched.

So far I have two solutions

1. Find a reducing bushing that would allow a standard grease fitting to be installed

2. Call a dealer to get the fitting

Attachments

• IMG_20210625_112834717.jpg
    IMG_20210625_112834717.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 92
   / Rant - Grease fitting 1626 loader #2  
hmm.. I've replaced several on my Max. They were all standard thread zerks.:unsure:

/ Rant - Grease fitting 1626 loader #3  
By using the ruler and scaling the part, it does seem very close to a 14x1.5 thread.

/ Rant - Grease fitting 1626 loader #4  
That depends on where the loader is made. Ours is made in the USA!

/ Rant - Grease fitting 1626 loader
Yep. 1/4 inch pipe thread. I managed to order some online but all the locations I went to did not carry 1/4" pipe thread. I was a bit surprised since my loader is made in Kansas.

/ Rant - Grease fitting 1626 loader #8  
Wait until you find that the zerks on your FEL are different than the zerks on the implement attached to the FEL. That's the way it happens to be on my Kubota FEL and Land Pride grapple.

/ Rant - Grease fitting 1626 loader #9  
Wait until you find that the zerks on your FEL are different than the zerks on the implement attached to the FEL. That's the way it happens to be on my Kubota FEL and Land Pride grapple.
News flash. The zerks on your tractor are different still.

/ Rant - Grease fitting 1626 loader #10  
Yea - you are probably right - RickB. But, at least, none are those press in zerks. They all have threads.