Rant on shipping

/ Rant on shipping #1,561  
Ordered a Bluetti power station and got a delivery date through FedEx. That date came and went. When I ran the tracking it said the shipment had reached the local distribution center but was held up for weather conditions. It was an overcast but dry and calm day. No cold or ice or anything. Not even wet. The next day FedEx said the package had been delayed but they couldn't give a delivery time. About 20 hours later it changed to say it would be delivered this morning, and it was. Fortunately there was no immediate need for the order and the delay was just inconvenient. Could have been worse.

/ Rant on shipping #1,562  
Wife placed an on line order weeks back.
Seller's web site claimed 'delivered' but no signs here.
What happened is UPS left it at a local 'drop' and it was signed for by the 'drop' clerk so when we went to seller's web site it showed 'delivered' and to make it worst UPS attaches their own tracking # that is not on the sellers records.
OK, I get it, local drops are necessary as there often is nobody home to sign, but a note is intended to be left.

In our case UPS simply did not wish to make a 15 mile trip for one package, and naturally much less to leave a message to go pick up.

/ Rant on shipping #1,563  
I have a ”job box” mounted out by my mail box, 48X36X36. 4-inch letters saying

”Parcel Box”
”USPS, UPS, FedEX”
“Leave parcels here”

And, I go into the relevant phone app, when I get a shipment notification, and filll out the delivery instructions, telling them to leave the inbound package in the box.

I’ve been out of town for the week, for training. Got home about 30-minutes ago. The Post Office left a package lying on the lid, on Monday. It was still there covered in 4-inches of snow. Luckily it was well packed, and no harm was done.

But it does leave me a bit tweaked.

/ Rant on shipping #1,564  
I generally never have delivery issues unless oil leaking on my driveway qualifies :unsure:. We just received a fedex package and I went out to get it. It has been raining so the driveway is wet. There's now a nice sheen of oil where the fedex truck turned around (under his turn radiuses). I had a truck come in about 6 months ago and leave a puddle, the stain is still there.

/ Rant on shipping #1,565  

”Parcel Box”
”USPS, UPS, FedEX”
“Leave parcels here”

And, I go into the relevant phone app, when I get a shipment notification, and filll out the delivery instructions, telling them to leave the inbound package in the box.

I’ve been out of town for the week, for training. Got home about 30-minutes ago. The Post Office left a package lying on the lid, on Monday. It was still there covered in 4-inches of snow. Luckily it was well packed, and no harm was done.

But it does leave me a bit tweaked.
I had UPS do the same thing years ago except that I was gone for 3 weeks and had paid for "expediated shipping" for it to get here on time. It didn't. I had left a waterproof box with a note asking them to leave it in the box, yet when I got home there it was, sitting on my doorstep. They've gotten better but for several years I told vendors that if they were going ship via UPS I would cancel the order.

/ Rant on shipping #1,566  
I have to put out markers so the delivery trucks stop leaving ruts.
First day one of the markers, at least 6inches past edge of the driveway was flattened.
I spend a lot of time fixing these ruts. I have 3 right now at least 10 feet long.
Have had bushes killed off etc.
Give a new driver a regular Fedex sized truck and expect them to be able to make a turn that a 53 footer has made many times, seems to be expecting too much.

/ Rant on shipping #1,567  
I had a culvert that had gotten exposed in the driveway and had caved in the top in one spot. While it was waiting for me to get sround to getting it replaced I put an orange 5 gallon bucket on the bad spot and filled the bucket with rocks none smaller then both my fists together,
one night one of the delivery drivers ran right straight over it. The second bucket was set a bit different, I just had pieces for a few days then I set a T post with ribbon wrapped around it in front of a red bucket with two reflectors in it.
That survived till I got a couple of new culverts in and installed. Got that done Friday.

/ Rant on shipping #1,568  

”Parcel Box”
”USPS, UPS, FedEX”
“Leave parcels here”

Well, there's your problem, you need to make a sign that says "Leave Parcels Inside This Box."

/ Rant on shipping #1,569  
"Parcel" may not be in the driver's vocabulary. :)

"Put the box in this big metal box."

Bruce

p"

/ Rant on shipping #1,570  
I hope you don't have job box pirates in Idaho.