Rant on shipping

/ Rant on shipping #21  
Sometimes I am just amazed though...

A guy at work was telling me his old Telehandler had engine problems and they could not get parts because it was a Perkins. I told him I had the same engine and just rebuilt it with a kit from...wait for it...Walmart. It is a 1978 diesel engine made in the UK...and Walmart had the gasket sets for it.

/ Rant on shipping #22  
I tracked a USPS order to a Phoenix suburb (relatively close to home). Then it went to Albuquerque before being sent here.

I have pretty much given up on Amazon until this Covid thing is settled. Normally things arrive within a few days. Now the promised delivery is over a month later on orders shipped by the company and notifications say even later delivery.

/ Rant on shipping #23  
My Amazon orders went from a normal 1 to 2 days to 7 to 8 days. Not pleased....

/ Rant on shipping #24  
Covid-19 has had a positive impact on my Amazon spending. Most of what I want is non-essential so they won't ship in a timely manner so...pi$$ on them.

/ Rant on shipping #25  
IMHO it will only get worse with what is going on now in the USA.

/ Rant on shipping #26  
I've found in the past year or so USPS tracking is a novelty. It gets dropped off half way across the US and the next update maybe a week later is "out for delivery"

Anything touched by USPS goes into shipping purgatory. Merchandise disappears and NOBODY knows where it really is or if it will ever reappear. :confused2:

/ Rant on shipping #27  
My Amazon orders went from a normal 1 to 2 days to 7 to 8 days. Not pleased....

Join the displeased club. I became an Amazon Prime member due to their guaranteed 2 day shipping. If they are now incapable of doing that, then our membership fees should be refunded.

/ Rant on shipping #28  
I buy a lot of stuff off eBay. Lately I have been getting sellers claim the order was shipped then come back days later saying it was out of stock. They charge my Paypal as soon as I place the order. Some of them have the nerve to claim I canceled the order. During the whole process they will have my money for 8 to 10 days and I won't have what I ordered. Then I have to start shopping for the item again.

I had a similar experience with Ebay/Paypal in March. I ordered N95 face masks. The next day the order was cancelled (out-of-stock) but it took 9 days for a refund. I'm done with Ebay.

/ Rant on shipping #29  
Anything touched by USPS goes into shipping purgatory. Merchandise disappears and NOBODY knows where it really is or if it will ever reappear. :confused2:

Their tracking is useless. Worse than useless, it just makes you mad.

Recently ordered a high value item, it was shipped USPS registered mail....supposed to be the most secure way to ship something, because everybody that touches it has to sign for it. But the tracking still sucks. It showed my package stuck in Atlanta for a WEEK with zero movement. I finally went to the local postmaster and even he couldn't find out anything. It finally did show up at my house, but the tracking still showed it in Atlanta that same day.

/ Rant on shipping #30  
Our Amazon shipments have come several days early for the last month or so.

Bruce