Rayco C140 issue

/ Rayco C140 issue #21  
I'll have to check that fuel filter sensor. Here's what I've got.....when I bought it I noticed that they had bypassed the water separator and run a line going directly into the primer and into another water separator (in place of where the fuel filter is supposed to be. I was assuming that was a separate issue (and something that needs to be corrected right away!), but now I'll have to look a little closer into it. If already running, the engine will maintain RPMs if they hydraulics cut out with the seatbelt light and otherwise seems to run fine. I did notice however, that the machine will stall out very easily and cut everything immediately (including engine) if it sucks in a bundle of limbs too fast. I don't know if that's normal for this machine or not. On any of my other units that is definitely not the case.

Rayco has the pump turned up all the way (69 gpm @ 6000 psi) you need over 200 hp to pull that pump under load. Some people turn down the pump so it won't stall out the engine. I added a tuner and bumped up my power by 30% so it's a lot better but it will still stall out if you feed it too much.

/ Rayco C140 issue
Rayco has the pump turned up all the way (69 gpm @ 6000 psi) you need over 200 hp to pull that pump under load. Some people turn down the pump so it won't stall out the engine. I added a tuner and bumped up my power by 30% so it's a lot better but it will still stall out if you feed it too much.

Yea that makes sense. How does that tuner work to get the extra power and how would I go about doing it?

/ Rayco C140 issue #23  
Yea that makes sense. How does that tuner work to get the extra power and how would I go about doing it?

It's real easy to hook up, it takes about 20 minutes The fuel pump wires go into the tuner and then back out again. Them you have a positive and negative wire to connect. It has three settings, stock, 15%, and 30%. It runs good with it and no problems with heat in the summer.

/ Rayco C140 issue
It's real easy to hook up, it takes about 20 minutes The fuel pump wires go into the tuner and then back out again. Them you have a positive and negative wire to connect. It has three settings, stock, 15%, and 30%. It runs good with it and no problems with heat in the summer.

Where'd you get it?

/ Rayco C140 issue
Agricultural diesel solutions, they modified one for this JD 4045H with a stanadyne pump. I'll PM you more info tomorrow.

great, thanks!

/ Rayco C140 issue #29  
ALittleDirtWontHurt, if someone has been welding the fuel tank weld splatter may have damaged the wire coming off the top of the cutter pump, best to check it right back to the loom. From memory that wire is very near the fuel tank.

/ Rayco C140 issue #30  
OK fellers, you have put the mockers on me today. My 140 has been playing up like a secondhand brush cutter with all the same problems as you guys have and more. I looked in the window on the Rayco ECU and it's got heaps of moisture in it. Changed the ECU and bugger me all the problems bar one have gone, now I have just got to get it to start. :confused2: