RC-30 All Surface Loader

/ RC-30 All Surface Loader #2  
It does look cool, but I wonder about the claim that it won't tear up the turf. I've watched a Bobcat with tracks move a prodigious amount of dirt, but it tore the grass up whenever it went any way but dead straight. So far, I've not seen anything more gentle on grass than Power Tracs for equal weight and power.

/ RC-30 All Surface Loader #3  
hi,
let's have some races, you don't live too far from me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i have been looking for tracks/tracksolutions for quite a while and no one seems to have the right stuff. a friend off Charlies and mine is investigating this subject for a machine that is in the R&D stage that develops some problems of doing it's job on wet ground. we will keep you posted, if we find something that really does not "turf"

/ RC-30 All Surface Loader #4  
Charlie - these are very cool machines - plus the benefit of skid steer implements - of course I can't see anyone ever use one for mowing

But check out the website - they have videos - it does not tear up the turf - especially the "turf edition" they show it on a golf course green and pull a zero point turn - then they show the turf close up and it is unmarked

/ RC-30 All Surface Loader #5  
<font color="red">But check out the website - they have videos - it does not tear up the turf - especially the "turf edition" they show it on a golf course green and pull a zero point turn - then they show the turf close up and it is unmarked
</font>
sorry, but that is astro turf, i have seen the machine, also talk to someone that just viewed the demo at a golf/turf show in San Diego, CA. the THING T U R F S, especially at the speed that the demo shows.
in our testing of tracks for our topdressing equipment, where tracks would be the ultimate for weight carrying purposes, we have not found any non turfing tracks YET. our next endeavor is looking at a Cushman patent. we will keep you posted.

/ RC-30 All Surface Loader #6  
I just don't see how a tracked vehicle could not twist the turf when turning. It has to.

What's neat about the Power Trac is that even when you are stopped, if you crank the steering wheel to the left, the left wheels roll towards each other while the right wheels roll away from each other. No turf tearing, ever. Really nice.

/ RC-30 All Surface Loader #7  
Hans - I have not actually tested the machine - but I plan to - Richard just bought one - maybe he can tell us about his experience thus far

As far as that being astro turf in the video - (the turf edition with the green smooth tracks) I have to differ with you -

I spoke to the guy (Lance) at ASV - he was the guy actually driving the machine in the video - It was real grass on a golf course fairway and green - The machine traveled at 8-9 mph and then pulled a hard zero point turn - pretty impressive - The turf was untouched

I think Lance is telling the truth - plus if you look at the video you can tell it is real grass.

The way they accomplish this is very low PSI (I think like 2.5psi vs say a PT 425 which is probably like 20 to 25 or almost ten times as much - They spread out the machine weight to accomplish this.

The turf tracks are smooth, soft and have a radius edge - so the turf is not damaged when twisting sideways on a zero point turn. Of course you can always turn softer as well to further protect your turf which is what I do with the Walker ZTR that I use for mowing.

They even show the turf tracks in dirt with good traction which really surprised me. Of course the machine is not cheap.

I have checked these units out and I have to say they are very well designed and have many benefits -

Of course it always depends on the application - As I said - I would never try and mow with one and the PT may be better in certain other applications - but i have to tell you - this thing is pretty neat

/ RC-30 All Surface Loader #8  
OH - the other thing I forgot to mention is that the ASV
R-30 and R50 weigh much less than a CAT or Bobcat
track unit

Not sure exactly how much less but I think most of the conventional construction units (Cat , Bobcat) weigh
something like 8000 to 10000 lbs - so the PSI are probably double the ASV

The RC30 weighs around 3000 lbs - has over 1500lbs lift capacity near tip load - ie similar to the way PT rates lift and has 7.5 lift height

The RC50 weighs 4750 lbs - has 3000 pound lift capacity (at near tip) and has 9.5 lift height

Anyway the RC30 is small to take on conventional skid steer attachments but they offer tons of stuff

The 50 I think will take conventional skid steer attachment

/ RC-30 All Surface Loader #9  
I received a video tonite on the RC's. It showed the turf editions doing a complete 360 on a golf course green and a 180 on the fairway. You could hardly tell the RC had even passed over the turf. It appears to be a very versatile machine and offers a heated and air conditioned cab as options.

/ RC-30 All Surface Loader #10  
as long as we were comparing the pro and cons of the pt lines and the RC-30 i think this was the right place but now we are having a discussion about what qualifies as "All Other Brands" and therefore should move over there /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif ?Moderator?