reading BX23 hyd schem

/ reading BX23 hyd schem #1  

tshep

Gold Member
Tractor
BX23 MLB
Hi all, I have a question, and I did try to find answer first....

In the BX23 HS ( http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...79-bx23-transmission-needing-replacement.html ) the valves in area (4) have a different appendage.
Both the 3 and 4 position valves have, as external accessories, a hand operator, a return spring in each direction, and then a rectangle with a divot in the top under the left hand spring.

What does that rectangle with a divot indicate? (Area (2) also has similar rectangles, but without the divots, and shows a used connection.)

I'm trying to make sure I understand the tool circuits before I start a 300 hr pressure check, adjustment, and fluid exchange.

/ reading BX23 hyd schem #2  
The "Divot" indicates that the line that crosses the arrow does not connect to the arrow...

In other words, the left "out" port is connected to the right "out" port, the right and left "in" ports are blocked and the center "in" and "out" ports are connected.

In the case of this drawing it is the "Regen" position for the dump function of the bucket curl.

/ reading BX23 hyd schem #4  
I think I understand what you mean, the divot meaning the notch which indicates a detent for maintaining a given position against a limited force. Area 2 is the hand metering unit for steering. Area 4 shows 2 flow control valves lever operated with a detent position.