Real interesting. To catch a thief on rural property.

/ Real interesting. To catch a thief on rural property. #1  

tomplum

Elite Member
Tractor
XJ2025H
Stumbled across this on YouTube. ~ 20 minute video of a guy catching someone who stole from his property, the involvement of the Sherriff. A good watch.

/ Real interesting. To catch a thief on rural property. #4  
It is a sad state of affairs. I’m not saying this is always the case, but I have found that in most cases it’s the neighbors that trespass on your property and steal from you. And they will look you in the eye and swear they don’t know anything about it. They know when you are there and when you aren’t. They will even befriend you so you will be less suspicious of them.

I feel some of it comes from a sense that they have either lived or been in that area longer and they have always been able to do what they want on that property. So if you are new to the area, they WILL test you.

Guys like him need to be prosecuted.

/ Real interesting. To catch a thief on rural property. #5  
Stumbled across this on YouTube. ~ 20 minute video of a guy catching someone who stole from his property, the involvement of the Sherriff. A good watch.
I watched that video earlier this afternoon. When the guy gave the wife the $1400 back that she gave him to cover the costs of her husband's actions when he spray painted the cell phone cameras, the thief got choked up, the cops got choked up.

Gotta wonder though, if that guy had stolen anything else in the past, if he has dishonest kids, etc. Also gotta wonder if he'll make full use of the opportunity to reevaluate his life.

Anyhow, it wasn't the outcome I expected. Kinda nice.

And did anyone watch the end where he upped his reward on his father's stolen $20K skid loader to $300K? Man, makes you wonder just how much he's made off of youtub?

/ Real interesting. To catch a thief on rural property. #6  
Excellent video !

/ Real interesting. To catch a thief on rural property. #7  
It is a sad state of affairs. I’m not saying this is always the case, but I have found that in most cases it’s the neighbors that trespass on your property and steal from you.
Very true, and that's the case whether you're in the city or the country - people don't generally travel to steal. If you get your car broken into or something stolen from your property, odds are it's one of your neighbors.

/ Real interesting. To catch a thief on rural property. #8  
He handled it a lot better than I think I would, kudos to him..........Mike

/ Real interesting. To catch a thief on rural property. #9  
His poor wife seemed to be clueless. He's probably been stealing since youth.

/ Real interesting. To catch a thief on rural property. #10  
...makes you wonder just how much he's made off of youtube?
He makes PLENTY of coin from youtube... he's a shocker; one that takes a brand new vehicle and destroys it for "likes" and "views". Been watching him for a while....

As for sending him to "jail", that would just cause him to take revenge later on... right now the neighbor "owes" him to be good.