Rear remote/port question?

/ Rear remote/port question?
I took that cap off and the spring was gunked up and broken. Looked pretty messy overall. Hopefully that spring doesnt cost an arm and a leg...

/ Rear remote/port question? #12  
Great. Glad you found the problem! Hopefully it will not cost too much.

It was 17 for the spring but has to come from Europe. Should be here by end of next week if he got the order in on time. Out of curiosity, I asked the price of number 1 on that parts list (the whole distributor), 3380 is the price and he was like I have it in stock....Then he mentioned its old stock so they could go down on price a bit but not much....

/ Rear remote/port question? #14  
It was 17 for the spring but has to come from Europe. Should be here by end of next week if he got the order in on time. Out of curiosity, I asked the price of number 1 on that parts list (the whole distributor), 3380 is the price and he was like I have it in stock....Then he mentioned its old stock so they could go down on price a bit but not much....

LOL yeah no! He can keep that valve from now on! You can always find a valve to work for less than $500.

/ Rear remote/port question? #15  
Or you can just try to match the spring with one from Mcmaster or other place like that.

A stronger or lighter spring will just make the handle hard or easier to push/pull, so that's not that critical. The dimensions on the other hand, does matter and need to be somewhat close to the original.

There is also this place that only deals with springs. You can enter the dimensions and see what's available: Lee Spring | Stock and Custom Springs - Engineering Support

Just an update on this since it seemed to take forever for me to get around to replacing that spring. It took me like a matter of minutes to replace the spring and all is well with the lever again.

Now, I cant tell if this is normal or not but it I can hear a noise coming from rear remote (I think). Its hard to describe cause its faint but constant. Seems like something in the rear remote is not fully closed/sealed and hydraulic fluid is constantly running but it could just be normal for all i know.

/ Rear remote/port question? #17  
Might be the valve deadheading and you're hearing the relief. Does your 3pt still go up?

Yup. Everything works as it should.