REAR WHEEL EXTENSIONS

/ REAR WHEEL EXTENSIONS #1  

dirtworksequip

Veteran Member
Tractor
2006 JD 3520 w/cab & 300CX loader. 1995 JD 870 w/440 loader & 8b backhoe.JD 455 w/54" mower deck.
Does anyone have any experience with using wheel extensions? I just purchased a JD 3520 w/cab and have scared myself twice in 20 hours of use.(rollover) I was thinking of extending rear wheels by 1 to 1.5 feet. I had a JD 870 for 10 years (2200 hours) Not that I had never been in a bad situation with it,but I could go just about anywhere I needed. Already just traveling around with the 3520 I can see that I am going to have to be extra cautious. If anyone has had similar experiences with a 3520 or has modified their tractor in someway to help with stabilizing it, I would like to hear from them. Thanks, Jim

/ REAR WHEEL EXTENSIONS
Does anyone have any experience with using wheel extensions? I just purchased a JD 3520 w/cab and have scared myself twice in 20 hours of use.(rollover) I was thinking of extending rear wheels by 1 to 1.5 feet. I had a JD 870 for 10 years (2200 hours) Not that I had never been in a bad situation with it,but I could go just about anywhere I needed. Already just traveling around with the 3520 I can see that I am going to have to be extra cautious. If anyone has had similar experiences with a 3520 or has modified their tractor in someway to help with stabilizing it, I would like to hear from them. Thanks, Jim

/ REAR WHEEL EXTENSIONS #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I was thinking of extending rear wheels by 1 to 1.5 feet. )</font>

I would ask the dealer if it will void your warranty. Extending the wheels out puts more strain on the axles. If one gets bent or breaks will it be covered?

/ REAR WHEEL EXTENSIONS #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I was thinking of extending rear wheels by 1 to 1.5 feet. )</font>

I would ask the dealer if it will void your warranty. Extending the wheels out puts more strain on the axles. If one gets bent or breaks will it be covered?

/ REAR WHEEL EXTENSIONS
Gene, guess I was not considering the warranty factor.That is a good point. I do realize that the extensions are going to put more strain on the rear axles. That is why I was wanting to know if anyone here had any experience with wheel extensions.If I do decide to go with them I will go with the shortest ones that will give me the tire footprint I need. The warranty point is a good one. Thanks

/ REAR WHEEL EXTENSIONS
Gene, guess I was not considering the warranty factor.That is a good point. I do realize that the extensions are going to put more strain on the rear axles. That is why I was wanting to know if anyone here had any experience with wheel extensions.If I do decide to go with them I will go with the shortest ones that will give me the tire footprint I need. The warranty point is a good one. Thanks

/ REAR WHEEL EXTENSIONS #7  
I'm not sure on your tractor but most have adjustable rear wheels. By either sliding the hub out or by the spacing on the rims. Yours mite already be out all the way.What are you doing when it gets tippy.

/ REAR WHEEL EXTENSIONS #8  
I'm not sure on your tractor but most have adjustable rear wheels. By either sliding the hub out or by the spacing on the rims. Yours mite already be out all the way.What are you doing when it gets tippy.

/ REAR WHEEL EXTENSIONS
Yea, they are already turned out. You only gain 1.7 inches on the rear by turning then to wide positon. My old JD 870 had 7 different widths you could set the rear wheels at. What am I doing when it gets tippy? Hanging on and cussing! No, just kidding. The one time I was carrying a large rock on the front forks. The second time I was just traveling and ran over a small rock in some weeds. Guess I just need to be extra cautious. If I had rolled that time I would have done a 2-1/2 sideways twist into the pond. 10-10-10.( score) Just receive prices on 6" extensions from Unverferth. $272.00 That would give me an extra foot.

/ REAR WHEEL EXTENSIONS
Yea, they are already turned out. You only gain 1.7 inches on the rear by turning then to wide positon. My old JD 870 had 7 different widths you could set the rear wheels at. What am I doing when it gets tippy? Hanging on and cussing! No, just kidding. The one time I was carrying a large rock on the front forks. The second time I was just traveling and ran over a small rock in some weeds. Guess I just need to be extra cautious. If I had rolled that time I would have done a 2-1/2 sideways twist into the pond. 10-10-10.( score) Just receive prices on 6" extensions from Unverferth. $272.00 That would give me an extra foot.