Rebuilding Electrical on MF1010

/ Rebuilding Electrical on MF1010 #1  

jfraser2065

Tractor
1986 MF1010
I am bringing back to life an old MF1010 4WD tractor. In the process of restoring the electrical system. The regulator rectifier was zip tied hanging from the tach cable when I got the little guy. It appears that the firewall has some matching holes for the location of the regulator. I have the all the manuals but none indicate the actual location of that item. Can someone confirm the original location of the voltage regulator/rectifier?
I have attached a few pictures that should provide my two suspicions.
Thanks for any advice provided.
J

Attachments

• IMG_5218.jpg
    IMG_5218.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5215.jpg
    IMG_5215.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 48
   / Rebuilding Electrical on MF1010
Well, I gather from reading around more from complaints rather than advice that the regulator/rectifier goes under the dash to the left of the steering wheel. The complaints seem to be around the buildup of heat where that metal would get hot to the touch.
Keeping that in mind I might make a fiberglass mat to put under it. That might help alleviate that situation.

/ Rebuilding Electrical on MF1010 #3  
Well, I gather from reading around more from complaints rather than advice that the regulator/rectifier goes under the dash to the left of the steering wheel. The complaints seem to be around the buildup of heat where that metal would get hot to the touch.
Keeping that in mind I might make a fiberglass mat to put under it. That might help alleviate that situation.
Metal back up to mounting may additional heat sink.....

/ Rebuilding Electrical on MF1010
Good idea... I was also thinking about putting a few washers behind to space the rectifier creating a little space between the surface of the dash for air flow.