recommendations for pressure treated deck sealer please

/ recommendations for pressure treated deck sealer please #11  
the above is a good point. should be obvious to consumers when they 1st buy pressure treated lumber that it is usually water logged w/treatment. i usually wait at least 6 mo before painting/sealing/staining.

/ recommendations for pressure treated deck sealer please #12  
Folks around here use Ready Seal. I've used it myself and seems to be the best so far.

/ recommendations for pressure treated deck sealer please #13  
the above is a good point. should be obvious to consumers when they 1st buy pressure treated lumber that it is usually water logged w/treatment. i usually wait at least 6 mo before painting/sealing/staining.

One of my neighbors is a contractor and has built hundreds of decks. He told me that he gives all his PT lumber a coat of poly-urethane before he even begins construction. He says it’s the rapid drying out that makes the lumber want to twist. He claims that by giving it a coat before construction and then another coat after, the lumber dries out much more slowly and keeps it shape better. Less twisting and buckling.

/ recommendations for pressure treated deck sealer please #14  
One of my neighbors is a contractor and has built hundreds of decks. He told me that he gives all his PT lumber a coat of poly-urethane before he even begins construction. He says it’s the rapid drying out that makes the lumber want to twist. He claims that by giving it a coat before construction and then another coat after, the lumber dries out much more slowly and keeps it shape better. Less twisting and buckling.

Wow, that’s a surprise. I would expect the Urethane to just peel.

/ recommendations for pressure treated deck sealer please
Well reviving this thread.
Based on Eddies advice I went with SW (SuperDeck Exterior Waterborne Semi-Solid Color Stain)
in 2019 on my Mississippi deck AND my Virginia deck. Now it's peeling and needs repainting in many spots.
Last fall my Virginia deck had only a couple of patches that had peeled, now lot's more are showing up. Time to "recover".
Due to time constraints I'm planning on trying to get by with a light sanding and repainting unless there is a LOT better product on the market now.
So -
Is there a better product? (putting on flame shield)

/ recommendations for pressure treated deck sealer please #16  
   / recommendations for pressure treated deck sealer please #18  
One thing I heard about staining decks if they are in direct sun light, not under a roof. After staining, rigup some type of tarp covering the deck from the sun light. Tarp can't touch deck to allow solvents to flash off, but tarp slow down time it takes to flash off. How to keep tarp off the deck is the tricky part.

On another similar subject. Had trouble painting a wall after wall paper was removed and the glue removed with proper cleaners. Painter told me to paint with Kilz, etc, but wait a full week to top coat. But I said "can says ok to top coat in 3 or 4 hours". (Been a while so number might be off) So I waited full week and repainted. Stayed on afterwards, not like first time that peeling/bubbles appeared the next day. The week time period allowed the solvents to flash off and the Kilz to cure. Same with decks and covering from sun?????? I have not tried the deck tarp yet. Jon

/ recommendations for pressure treated deck sealer please #19  
I've bought many things and none seem to work well in the long haul. I've heard a 50/50 mix of used oil and diesel works well. People say the wood won't even get wet as the water just beads off, assuming you are into that shade of stain. It seems like time with PT lumber is your best friend to allow whatever you use to soak in deep.

/ recommendations for pressure treated deck sealer please #20  
Just use pressure treated decking, and don’t put anything at all on it. The new stuff has a nice brown color to it, and will fade to gray after maybe three or four years. But it would never peel, and lasts forever and ever.