Recommended add-ons for new BX2350?

/ Recommended add-ons for new BX2350? #11  
   / Recommended add-ons for new BX2350?
Thanks a heap Tom. That's plenty convincing to me. I'm already making a list of things to get, and this is certainly going to be on the list. Got the tractor last night, and just finished 4 hrs. of bush-hogging in 101 degree Texas heat.

The extra reinforcement on your model makes a lot of sense to me. I'll be sure to give it a closer look.

I appreciate the effort on grabbing all that info.

Thanks again,

Kevin

/ Recommended add-ons for new BX2350? #13  
Glad to help Kev. I did have to cut off some excess from the ends of the reinforcement braces with an angle grinder because when in the up position they were lodging in the grooves between the bars on my ag tires on the BX2200. This is due to the short lift arms on a BX. If you put extenders on the ends, this probably wouldn't be a problem. Some carry-alls without the reinforcement braces can lift just as much as the Leinbach because they are built of heavier angle iron. I put 1 1/2" fixed casters on the bottom of my carry-all so it can roll around on the garage floor. I roll the arms under the brush hog to take up less storage space.

I hear ya about the heat. I've brush hogged Russian Star Thistle in 115 degrees here in the CA Central Valley. The dried weed is toxic and pulverizes in such a way as to make its own dust storm. I have to wear a paint respirator mask, sunglasses and goggles over the sunglasses. One time I breathed too much of the stuff and had chronic asthma for 2 mos. Nasty job brush hogging in the heat.

/ Recommended add-ons for new BX2350? #14  
Hi:

I chain my carryall into front bucket and use it to lift 35 gal soon 65 gal leg tank to water flowers in extra lot saves dragging 200' hose see first post about log chains carryall extra implements moving

Enjoy nice looking rig whantta trade???

Pat R

/ Recommended add-ons for new BX2350? #15  
Tom_H said:
If you put extenders on the ends, this probably wouldn't be a problem. quote]

The Pats Easy Change is a plus in this situation also, will lengthen the lower lift arms approx. 3 7/8" so it gives more clearance and more lift.